Thursday, February 25, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 7

 So, I know I've had a few cheats here and there before, but this week was my first real struggle.  With the library unavailable and LittleCJC home from school both due to the snow, I missed a lot this week.  I've been playing catch-up before writing this post and I caught up with all but one.

Musical Monday - Shrek (2013)


This is always a fun show.  Yes, it opened on Broadway in 2008, but the video was released in 2013.  I actually own this video.  I bought it back when the high school I worked at decided on this show and I played for the orchestra.  It was the perfect show for our kids that year and it still holds up now.  I mean, come on, we always need to be reminded to let our freak flag fly!  Plus, I love Sutton Foster.

Tune Tuesday -Assassins (1990)


Well, this was interesting.  Through the first half, I couldn't help but think that the best part of this was Neil Patrick Harris and his role of the Balladeer.  I didn't seem to care as much about the other parts.  However, by the end, seeing how the balladeer becomes a bigger part of the show, it tied it all together so nicely that I found my opinions of the show changing.

Way Back Wednesday - The Graduate

This is one I missed since I couldn't get it from the library

Throwback Thursday - Runaway Bride (1999)


This movie was just as fun as I remembered.  I mean yes, it's ridiculous in the same way all these 90s rom-coms are, but I still love them.

Friday First - Cats (2019)


So, I have to admit, that I don't think I've ever actually watched the original show.  To be honest, I've never been too excited about it because I always thought the show itself was a little strange.  I still stand by this, and I'm not sure how I feel about this movie, but I can say I appreciate it.  I did thoroughly enjoy the choreography of this show.  Of course, I was familiar with the songs (who isn't) but I will add that I did also like the new original song.

Seasonal Saturday - Aspen Extreme (1993)


This was one of the few movies that I remember my family owning when we were kids that was actually my Dad's.  I think he would have loved to live out this movie...pack up everything and go live by the slopes.  I hadn't watched this in years and honestly had forgotten how it all played out, so it was very enjoyable.  Not to mention, very appropriate with all the snow we got this week.

Disney Dinner - Tangled (2010)

We had a great Disney Dinner with this fun movie. Check out the Disney Dinner post on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment