Monday, February 1, 2021

Hello Monday

 Weekend Update

Well, what do you know? We had another lazy winter weekend.  Especially on Saturday at least.  On Sunday, we did go to church and then Grandma came over to play some games with us.  LittleCJC has recently learned how to play Clue so she had to play that with Grandma along with some Mario Party on the Nintendo Switch.

Hello Monday

We've made it to another week, and yet again, I have nothing on my calendar other than LittleCJC's normal weekly activities.  I'm starting to wonder if I should change up this normal format as I don't seem to have much to report anymore.  I haven't decided if it's because it's winter or Covid.  Maybe it's both, but either way it seems strange having a post devoted to what's going on each week, when the most I can report on are what movies and books I'm watching and reading.

Hello Movies

Musical Monday - The King and I

Tune Tuesday - Dear Evan Hansen

Wayback Wednesday - An American in Paris

Throwback Thursday - The Mighty Ducks

Friday First - A Star is Born

Seasonal Saturday - Moulin Rouge

Disney Dinner - ?

So, I originally had planned on watching Cinderella on Sunday, but now I might be changing my plans.  As Patrick pointed out to me, Sunday is the Superbowl.  Whether we have people over or not, we most likely are not eating a Cinderella themed dinner.  I could either change my days around or my whole plan and that's what I have yet to figure out.

Hello Books

I guess I didn't read as much last week, because I only finished two books and one of those was finally Silver Dew by Suzi Davis.  I struggled a little with this one, because I like the story idea but the writing bothers me.  She tends to repeat her thoughts so much more than is necessary.  I sometimes feel as though I'm rereading so many parts of the book when it's instead just the writing.  Which honestly annoyed me more than it probably should have done.  The second book I read was The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel.  I really enjoyed this book.  I'm not sure if it's just y book interest of late, but it seems like there are so many stories recently written during the World War II era.  I find these stories filled with emotion and inspiration.  I know the tales are so sad and sometimes hard to read, but the characters of these stories are inspirational in how they continue to fight and survive.

This week, I have started two books already.  I'm listening to The Paper Menagerie and Other Short Stories  by Ken Liu.  I don't normally read short stories so I'm struggling with my thoughts on this book.  Some stories are enjoyable, but others I don't care for at all.  I guess I'll just have to hope the last story in the book is really good so that I'm left with a great feeling when I finish the book.  The other book I've started is Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse.  This is actually the first physical book I've picked up this year and that alone feels great, just holding a book in my hands.  (The other books I've read instead of listening to, were ebooks.)  I'm not too far into it yet, so I can't say much, but I'm interested already, intrigued with where the story will go.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment