Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Disney Dinner: 101 Dalmatians

 Last week was 101 Dalmatians for our Disney dinner.  For the main idea, I repeated my old 101 Dalmatians dinner since I've already learned LittleCJC doesn't remember those at all.  We had spotted waffles with spotted milk.  I also added dog tails, aka bannanas.



I let LittleCGC help spot the milk.  Can you guess which glass she did, lol?


I couldn't help but smile at her excitement to help.

I also attempted a new dessert, Cruella Deville Meringue cookies.  Here's the beautiful example I found online.



I have never made meringue cookies before and I had no idea what I was doing.  I don't know if my peaks were stiff enough, or if it was just that I couldn't find my nice star tip, but here is what mine turned out like.


So first of all, I couldn't find black food coloring so I mixed what I had at home.  Then I couldn't find my star tip, but I found a cheap plastic one and tried that.  In all honesty, I'm surprised these didn't turn out worse than they did.  In fact, the girls loved these.

I don't know why, but I didn't expect them to like them and instead, they devoured them.

I also made some puppy chow in case the cookies were a complete loss.  In hindsight, it was a very sweet dinner, but also a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment