Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Disney Dinner: Robin Hood

 This week, was Robin Hood.  I didn't remember all the details of this movie, and LittleCJC didn't remember any of it.  She was excited, and I was surprised that she really watched it and got into it.

For our dinner, we had beef stew and crescent rolls.  I told LittleCJC we should really be having some big biscuits or crusty bread, but we already had the crescent rolls, so I kept it simple.


I think this is the first time I've ever made beef stew.  I'm now wondering why.  It was not a hard meal to make and it was tasty.  In fact, I used my instant pot and it was ready in a little over an hour.  I wasn't sure how well that would work, but it was tasty and perfectly cooked.  As for our drinks, I had a glass of wine, while LittleCJC finally finished off the cranberry grape juice that I picked up for our first Disney dinner, that was pretty close to same color as my wine.  It was cute that when I handed her the drink she asked what it was called, as in what the theme of the drink was.  So, I told her it was called mead, and then explained how back in the day everyone drank wine.  This of course led to a talk about what wine taste like and alcholic drinks in general.


Now, in the movie, they are selling (and then tossing) blackberry and currant pies.  Which LittleCJC definitely called me out on since we had apple instead.  She thought the thrown pie was cherry, but neither her or Patrick will eat a cherry when topped on their ice cream, so I didn't have faith that they would actually eat a cherry pie.  I personally, was just proud of myself.  This was the first pie I think I've ever made as well.  Now, yes, I did use a store bought crust, but I peeled all the apples myself instead of using bought pie filling.  Just like the stew, it took a little time but it wasn't difficult to make and it made me wonder why I've never made a pie before now.



I think I need to start theming my meals every evening, because she actually eats these meals.  I know if I had given her beef stew any other night she would have turned up her nose and said she wouldn't eat it.  Since this was a themed meal, she tried it and said the "chicken" was good.  For some reason, she wouldn't try the potatoes, carrots, or onions, but I'm excited that she tried it at all.  She did ask if the onions were apples and I wonder what she would have done if I said yes, but I just couldn't lie to her like that.  This girl's food logic never makes sense to me, but I'm happy when she eats.

Overall, LittleCJC and I had a great evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment