Monday, February 8, 2021

Hello Monday

 Weekend Update

On Friday, LittleCGC and I ended up going to a toddler time event that LittleCJC's gym hosts.  We had so much fun.  LittleCGC loved bouncing on the trampolines.


From one to another


They even had an inflatable, that she loved too.



We ended up having some visitors this weekend.  Patrick's parents decided to come down Friday evening and spent the night at our house.  We had a really nice visit, and the girls loved reading and playing games with them.



It's always so sad when they leave.  

Saturday evening, we snowed.  I wasn't aware that we were suppose to get snow, so it was a bit of a surprise to me at least.  We didn't get a whole lot, but it was pretty while it lasted and the girls had fun playing in it.  Especially, LittleCJC who was determined that she was going sledding, even though the only hill on our property has a fence at the bottom of it.


Hello Monday

This week is another casual week, other than the weather.  It's suppose to be real cold with the chance of more snow and/or ice.  You never know, but we'll see if we get anything.  I'm just hoping school doesn't decide to close.  This weekend is also Valentine's Day, so we'll see if we end up doing anything special.


Hello Movies

This week, my movies were picked with Valentine's Day in mind, and Mardi Gras.

Musical Monday - The Last 5 Years

Tune Tuesday - Chess

Way Back Wednesday - Casablanca

Throwback Thursday - Sleepless in Seattle

Friday First - When Harry Met Sally

Seasonal Saturday - Sabrina

Disney Dinner - The Princess and the Frog

I'm definitely most excited to finally watch Casablanca.  This classic has been on my watch list for a long time now, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.


Hello Books

Last week was a good week for reading.  I did finish The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories by Ken Liu, but it was my least favorite of the week.  My thoughts on this book didn't change much from last week's post.  Not to repeat myself, I'll just say some stories were enjoyable, but not all.  I also finished Trail of Lightning  by Rebecca Roanhorse.  This book I did enjoy.  It's set in the future after the Big Water floods most of the United States.  This story takes place on an Indian reservation that has survived, but monsters are now attacking.  So, naturally, the main character is a monster-slayer.  I know this sounds weird, but I liked it and now I'm excited for the next book in this series.  I also started the folk of the air series by Holly Black, and I devoured the first two books.  The first book The Cruel Prince introduces us to the faerie world and the characters.  In particular, Jude who is a human girl living here with the man who killed her parents.  I don't want to give the story away, but I enjoyed it.  The second book in the series The Wicked King was just as good.  At the beginning, I didn't think I would like this one as much since it was filled with more politics, but then it took off.  This is a fast-paced adventure in the land of the fey.  This author definitely knows how to write an ending that leaves you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next.  Unfortunately, I have to take a break from the series to read some books that I've had on hold for a while at the library.  They never fail to all come available at the same time.

First up, is Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston.  I've heard a lot of talk about this book, but I hadn't really paid attention to what the book was about, I just assumed it was a light romance.  I was surprised to find out that it is a light romance, but about two guys.  I hate to admit that this might be my first romance with a same sex couple.  I've read some books that have that storyline before, but I'm not sure if I've read a book where that is the main plot.  I'm not surprised that I'm enjoying the book, because I have no problem with same sex relationships, but I'm happily surprised that I've heard so many good things about this book without even realizing that this was the storyline.  It makes me feel good about my reading community.  Next up from my holds list will be The Guest List  by Lucy Foley.  This is another popular book, that I didn't know anything about when I added it to my list.  It's classified as a thriller, so not my go to genre, but hopefully it's not too dark as it sounds like a who done it book.  The timing seems perfect as Clue is currently LittleCJC's favorite game.  I'm also trying to finish up the lost magic series with the final book, Sapphire Sun by Suzi Davis.  We'll see where else the week takes me and what progress is made.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment