Thursday, February 4, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 4

 This week was interesting.  I don't want to say it was a dud, but it was definitely my least favorite thus far.  

Musical Monday - Brigadoon (1954)


To be fair, I was enjoying this movie until the film stopped playing.  This is another problem with some of the videos from the library.  I missed a bit, but I did eventually get to at least see how the movie ends.  I was familiar with this title, but I didn't know either the storyline or any music, or so I thought.  I was surprised while watching the show to hear Almost Like Being in Love.  While enjoyable to watch, I didn't find the music staying with me after the show.

Tune Tuesday - Ragtime (1996)


This was another new show for me.  I found the storyline a little confusing at times.  The show follows three different stories.  As I've stated before with these YouTube shows, maybe if I was watching the show live instead, it might have been easier to follow.  As it was, one story, or two once they merged seemed to get so much of the musicals time, that I'm left wondering why they even included the third.  I also did not finish the musical and start singing all the songs.  However, I will say that I was really impressed with the music.  These actors have some pipes.  So many of these songs seemed like finale songs.  The music in this is very powerful, I can't imagine hearing these songs live.

Wayback Wednesday - It Happened One Night (1934)


This movie was fun! It had funny moments, but also sweet romantic moments as well.  Let's be honest, it's a cute rom-com.  

Throwback Thursday - Iron Will (1994)

This movie was nice to watch again.  This was a pretty emotional movie for a kid, I'm kind of surprised that I remember enjoying it so much.  A classic movie that yes, everyone should watch.

Friday First - Moonstruck (1987)


I remember this dvd cover from when I was a kid, but obviously had never seen it before.  I don't remember if my grandma loved the movie or just happened to have it, but I definitely remember it.  As for me, I didn't find it that great.  To be honest, my favorite part was seeing how young Cher and Nicholas Cage were during this film.

Seasonal Saturday - A Walk to Remember (2002)



I have a soft spot for this movie.  It came out when I was in high school, and I thought it was amazing.  I'm pretty sure this was also my introduction to Nicholas Sparks.  I'm not a fan of his in the sense that I've read all his books or keep up with what he has coming out.  But, I did go through a faze where I read several of his books, and who hasn't seen most of those movies.  I hadn't watched this in years and I still loved it and still cried.

Sunday Disney Dinner - Robin Hood (1973)


LittleCJC and I both enjoyed watching this classic film.  I definitely didn't remember all the details and she didn't remember it at all.  I was a little surprised that she really did watch the movie and then told me she liked it.  Overall, we had a great evening, so check out my Disney dinner post next week for all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment