Monday, February 15, 2021

Hello Monday

 Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend.  On Friday night, we got out of the house to deliver some fudge from one of LittleCJC's fundraisers.  We then picked up some dinner, thanks to a gift card we received for Christmas.  Due to the ice we got last week, we've been driving our Jeep around and LittleCGC was a stinker discovering that she could roll down the manual windows with her foot.


Look how proud of herself she was.  On Saturday, I went to the store like everyone else in town to get some groceries before the snowmageddon we're suppose to get.  In the afternoon, Grandma came over to play with the girls and to give them some Valentine goodies.


On Sunday, we went to church despite the extreme cold weather.  We then had some visitors in the evening.  My brother and his family came over with some more Valentine fun for the girls, and the kids all had a great time playing while us adults were able to catch up.  The girls were spoiled this Valentine's Day and we may have set ourselves up for future trouble now that LittleCJC is old enough to remember.  My silly girls ended their night with a shower followed by her "cozy bath."  


I honestly don't get where she comes up with this stuff.


Hello Monday

Well, I'm fully expecting nothing to happen this week.  Every time I check the weather the snow amounts seem to go up.  Who knows how much we'll actually get, but totals could get as how as 12" according to some predictions.  School was scheduled to be out today due to President's Day, but there's no way they'll have class tomorrow for sure.  With more snow in our forecast, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't go back all week.


Hello Movies

Luckily, I think I have access to most of this week's movies without relying on the library since I may not have access to that this week.  At the same time though, I know it is harder to watch my movies and musicals when everyone else is home as well, so we'll see.

Musical Monday - Shrek

Tune Tuesday - Assassins

Way Back Wednesday - The Graduate

Throwback Thursday - Runaway Bride

Friday First - Cats

Seasonal Saturday - Aspen Extreme

Disney Dinner - Tangled


Hello Books

Last week, I did finished Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston.  This was a cute LBGQT+ romance.  I then finished The Guest List by Lucy Foley.  This was not the fun book of Clue I thought it would be.  Instead, this book was more about everyone's connections, which I found fairly predictable leaving something more to be desired.  Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable enough, but I personally just didn't feel satisfied when the book finished.  My next audiobook last week was the best of the week, The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black.  This was the final book in the folk of the air series, and it didn't disappoint. 

This week, I already finished reading Sapphire Sun by Suzi Davis this morning.  (The reason this post is coming out so late.)  Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this one.  I read the first book in this series a few years ago and loved it.  I reread it earlier this year and I enjoyed it, but not with the enthusiasm I remembered.  I was committed to finishing this series this year since it's been on my TBR for a few years, but I wasn't feeling this last book.  There's some multiple personality type storyline here that I didn't enjoy, and it seemed a lot of the story in this last book.  I also started Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse and The Arctic Fury by Greer Macallister.  We'll see if anything else gets read this week.

Happy Monday everyone...and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment