Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Disney Dinner: The Princess and the Frog

 It may have been Valentine's Day, but Mardi Gras was also starting this week.  So, this was an obvious choice for this week.  We started off with some bumblebee stew.  Not exactly like gumbo, but Patrick had been asking for this meal for a few weeks so I thought it was a good time.  LittleCJC suggested that something called bumblebee stew would be better for a transformers movie night.  While I appreciated the thought and told her I would keep that in mind, but in reality she refused to eat it so I don't think it would be a good idea.


I tried a new recipe for a cornbread variation called southern spoon bread.  We all ate this, but none of us were impressed, so I don't think we will repeat this.



For our drink, I followed someone else's idea for their Princess and the Frog movie night, milk punch.  I have no idea if they had a reason for this choice, but I was curious.  Patrick and I added the whiskey and the girls just had milk, ice, sugar and vanilla.  I also added some green food coloring to the girls to add a little more fun.  Again, we all drank, but I don't think anyone was impressed.


For dessert, of course the only option was beignets.  I was surprised that I couldn't fine any beignet mix locally since it was the season of Mardi Gras.  I did find a homemade recipe, but I also didn't have much hope.  To be fair, it wasn't bad and LittleCJC and LittleCGC loved them, but I knew I had a problem when my dough didn't rise at all after an hour.  I decided to try anyways, and like I said it tasted okay, it just was more dense than the airy texture it should have been.


We enjoyed our evening and are now in the mood for some more Mardi Gras festivities.


No comments:

Post a Comment