Thursday, May 20, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 19

Musical Monday - Dreamgirls (2006)



This movie came out when I was in college.  The movie's good, but let's be honest, the soundtrack is where it's at.  Who doesn't want to belt out when this movie is on.

Tune Tuesday - Chicago (2002)



This is another one where you just can't help singing along.  I was in high school when this one came out and I drove around with this soundtrack on repeat.  I hadn't watched this in forever and I enjoyed it.  

Wayback Wednesday - A Clockwork Orange (1972)

Wow! I don't think I will ever watch this movie again.  However, I understand the appeal.  Anything that pushes the boundaries usually becomes popular, and this one definitely pushes boundaries.  In fact, I almost turned it off after the first few scenes and I admit to skipping forward at one point as well.  It did get better after those opening scenes, so I did manage to finish this one, and I'm happy I can finally say I've seen this one even if I didn't particularly enjoy it.

Throwback Thursday - Dazed and Confused (1993)


I remember watching this as a kid.  I didn't realize it was such a new movie when I saw it, but it must have been because I know exactly when I saw this one.  I was lucky enough to get to go on a ski vacation to Colorado with my cousins.  For some back story, my aunt has 5 boys and I'm the same age as the youngest.  This meant that the oldest boy was already in college when I went on this trip (when I was in 4th grade.)  I remember watching this movie with those older cousins.  I'm sure I missed a lot at that time, but considering what this movie became, I'm glad I can say that I saw this one before it was known as the one where Matthew McConaughley says "alright, alright, alright."

Friday First - Lost in Translation (2003)


So, I have to admit I didn't actually finish this one.  I stopped it for whatever reason (I'm sure something to do with one of my girls) and I honestly just couldn't get myself to hit play again.  I was so bored with the first hour of this movie.  I didn't find any of it funny and it just didn't move at all.

Seasonal Saturday - 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)


I have always liked this movie and Julia Stiles.  It was fun watching it again since I hadn't seen it in such a long time.  Honestly, it set me up wanting to watch all the high school themed movies I remember from this time.

Disney Dinner - Pinnochio (1940)


These Disney dinners still haven't made their comeback, but feel free to check out my previous post about the last time we had this themed dinner here

No comments:

Post a Comment