Thursday, May 20, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 17

 Musical Monday - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966)

Unfortunately, this movie apparently has gone missing from my local library.  So, maybe I'll just listen to the soundtrack, but I'm giving up for now so that I can get this post out.

Tune Tuesday -Sundays in the Park with George (1984)

I was introduced to this musical while I was in college and one of the local high schools put on this production.  I remember being impressed with the show.  Watching it now, I'm still impressed, although it's not a favorite of mine.  Both the music and the concept are interesting and I appreciate the different approach it takes, but for me, it's not a show I want to watch over and over.

Wayback Wednesday - Showboat (1951)


So, I didn't care much for the movie itself, but you can't deny the classic songs in this one.

Throwback Thursday - Jurassic Park (1993)


We love this movie in our house.  Both Patrick and I grew up watching this one and now our kids love it too.  This movie was brilliant when it was first released, and it has held up just fine.

Flashback Friday - The Princess Bride (1987)


I know, it's crazy that I have never seen this before.  I have to admit, it was better than I expected.  Most people love this movie, but let me explain why I never cared to watch it.  When I was a kid, we had the original Scene It game and one of the video clips was from this movie.  I know you're wondering what scene could it possibly be that would prevent me from watching this movie for so long?  It was the one where the witch runs around the room screaming Humperdinck.  I don't know if you would agree or not, but in my opinion, this is probably the silliest scene in the movie.  I'm happy to report, I enjoyed everything else, and in all honesty this scene wasn't even unbearable in context.

Seasonal Saturday - Apollo 13 (1995)


I hadn't seen this one in a long time and I enjoyed it.  This mission was before my time and I was never much of a space person, so I have no idea how close to the real mission this movie remained.  Either way, it's impressive what everyone went through both in space and at mission control.  Whether the movie portrayed the truth or not, it's a great movie.

Disney Dinner - The Jungle Book (1967)


Of course, I'm still struggling to get back to Disney dinners.  So, here's another week where that didn't happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment