Thursday, May 13, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 15

 Musical Monday - Hello Dolly (1969)


I thoroughly enjoyed this one.  I'm pretty sure I'd seen it before, but maybe not as an adult so there was a lot that I didn't remember.  I found it humorous and the musical numbers were great, especially "Put on Your Sunday Clothes."

Tune Tuesday - Heathers the Musical (2014)


This show seems so popular that I added it to my list.  I hadn't realized that it never actually made it to Broadway.  I understand, I didn't really care for it myself.  In complete honesty though, I only recently watched the 80s film, and I wasn't crazy about that either.  

Wayback Wednesday - On the Town (1949)


This was so fun!  I think I have seen this before, but it had been a long time.  This show is so energetic and cute.  The songs are fun and the storyline is enjoyable.

Throwback Thursday - My Girl (1991)


I grew up loving this movie.  However, I hadn't seen it in forever.  I was really enjoying it, until the movie stopped playing.  I get so frustrated with getting these movies from the library and my DVD player is way too sensitive.  It was one thing when I missed a scene or two, but then when it stopped playing a few scenes from the end it was torture.  I stand by this being a great movie though.

Friday First - Stand By Me (1986)


Ok, this one I get.  No, it's not one I will probably watch again any time soon, but I understand why it's so popular.  Once you get past the young boys being dumb boys, it was a pretty good movie.

Seasonal Saturday - Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)


Oh my.  So, as you know, I've been playing catch-up these first weeks of May since I pretty much missed the entire month of April.  In this instance, it actually worked in my favor.  My brother noticed that this movie was playing at our local theater on Mother's Day so the two of us took our mom and enjoyed this film.  I had such a great time, but lost way too many tears.  

Disney Dinner - Wall-E (2008)


Of course, we didn't have this Disney dinner, but I was just talking about this movie with LittleCJC so hopefully we'll watch it at some point soon since she didn't remember it at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment