Thursday, May 6, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 14

 Musical Monday - Carousel (1956)


I'm left a little confused on how I feel about this one.  I didn't particularly care for the story of this one, but I did enjoy some of the songs and especially the dance scenes.

Tune Tuesday - Legally Blonde (2007)


I think this musical is so fun.  I fell out of the musical loop a bit while in college, so I missed this one.  When a friend was directing this at one of the local high schools, my mom and I went thinking it should be interesting.  I was totally not prepared for the fun.  In all honesty, I expected to find it a well, blonde musical for lack of a better term.  In reality, I loved it.  The music is so fun.  I ended up getting the soundtrack and while watching this week, I wasn't too surprised to discover I still know every word.  It was fun to listen in context of the show again though.

Wayback Wednesday - Singing in the Rain (1952)


I love this one.  The whole concept is great. The chemistry is great.  And best of all, the choreography is great.  I know Gene and Debbie are the headliners here, but Donald O'Connor is a comedic genius in this film.  It's one of those films that gets better every time you see it.

Throwback Thursday - Father of the Bride (1991)



So, I was a little disappointed by this one.  I thought I remembered it being so funny.  Don't get me wrong, the storyline is a little funny and everyone can relate, but it wasn't laugh out loud funny and I don't really see what a kid would find funny.  Unfortunately, I kept waiting for the party pooper song, which I realize now must happen in the second movie.  Maybe that's the one I actually remember being so funny.

Friday First - Schindler's List (1993)


I didn't watch this one, but I realized I'm pretty sure I have actually seen this one before.

Seasonal Saturday - La La Land (2016)


I have to admit, I wasn't an instant fan of this movie like everyone else.  I felt like a fraud saying I love musicals, yet I didn't really care for this one.  I did appreciate it, though.  The older style, the musical cameos, I thought it was brilliant, I just didn't love it.  I had only watched it that one time, so I thought it was time I gave it another shot.  I think I did enjoy it more this time, but still not the new classic musical that I want to watch over and over.

Disney Dinner - A Bug's Life (1998)



My poor Disney dinners have gone out the window for the time being.




No comments:

Post a Comment