Monday, May 3, 2021

Hello May

April Update

 April was so busy, that I guess I gave up my blog to compensate.  LittleCJC had 3 dance competitions.  I'm sorry for the photo overload, but I am so proud of this little lady.  She has improved so much this year.



When we got these photos, I was even more proud.  I mean, look at her form.  There were so many where the photographer caught her at the perfect time or else she is actually doing what she is suppose to do.


This year I've noticed her showing emotion, smiling so much more, and hardly ever watching someone else.






She is in five dances again this year, but her favorite is the production, Diamond in the Rough themed after Aladdin.  She may not have a huge part in it since she's the youngest dancer in that group, but even I have to admit that this one is pretty awesome.  She has 4 costume changes within this number and a little special part where she gets to play Iago.


This year, the competitions have been in a block schedule, which is nice that we're not in and out of the competition all weekend, but they are crazy with fast costume changes and running from stage to dressing room and back again.  I definitely get a lot less pictures, but I'm so glad she loves it and I am reminded every time of how much she's growing up.




I'm so glad she loves all her dance friends since they spend so much time together.


LittleCJC has also discovered how fun a single string loop can be.


As for LittleCGC, she's been loving the warmer weather and getting to play outside more.



We've also seen a switch from baby dolls to barbies.


Hello Obsession

I am proud to report that I made it through phase 1 of the 80 day obsession workout plan.  In fact, I started phase 2 last week.  I'm still surviving and liking this program.  My nutrition had one amazing week, a few good ones, and quite a few bad days too.  Even with that, I lost 2lbs (I was down more the amazing week but the last week of the phase was probably my worst.)  Here's the interesting part though, I lost 4.5 total inches. (2.5 from my waist alone)  I also will confess that I missed 3 workouts.  Two of those were when we had our dance competitions out of town, and one was the day after I got my second dose of the Covid vaccine.  Although I feel as though I've cheated saying I completed phase 1, I'm also super proud of myself.

Hello Books

April was a great reading month, especially in quantity.  I did finish Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.  I enjoyed this book even though it took me a while to get through it all.  I admit, though, the ending is brutal.  It's a total cliffhanger so now I need to read the second book in this duology.  Since I struggle with reading physical books lately, I haven't gotten to that yet.  I did finish (what's published so far at least) the Outlander series with Written in my Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon.  I think I've come to decide I don't care as much for Brianna's storyline and that is why I'm not enjoying these books as much as I used to enjoy them.  

Next, I finally read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  This has been on my to read list for years now and I'm glad I finally read it.  However, I have to admit that I didn't like it that much.  That being said, this book stuck with me a while.  Feeling like I needed a simple feel-good story next, I actually ended up devouring the entire Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn.  This was exactly what I needed to pick up my reading.  I listened to the first seven books in five days and then took the weekend to read the last book in the e-book format.  After finishing the series, I started watching the Netflix show.  This was enjoyable (more so than The Handmaid's Tale that I also watched some of after finishing that book.)  However, the books are so much more fun.  In case you're interested here's the book titles:
The Duke and I
The Viscount Who Loved Me
An Offer From a Gentleman
Romancing Mister Bridgerton
To Sir Phillip, With Love
When He Was Wicked
It's in His Kiss
On the Way to the Wedding

When I finished this series, I wasn't sure what I was going to read next.  I've read all the books on this year's challenge plan that are available in audiobook format from the library, but I needed another audiobook.  Children of Blood and Bone popped up randomly on my library's page and it looked interesting.  I looked into on Goodreads and thought I'd give it a try.  I ended up with a lot of mixed feelings with this one.  I actually ended up liking it by the end, but then after the author's note I was left with a sour feeling.  I kind of hate that I let her note influence my overall feeling of the book, but since I kept going back and forth on whether I liked it to begin with I couldn't help it.  I know there is a second book out already, but I don't think I will be picking it up.

Finally, after leaving the last book with such mixed feelings, and wanting something more like the Bridgerton series that I loved, I decided to go back to the Virgin River series.  I had started this series last year and put it on hold when the new year started to work on my challenge plans.  These are fun quick reads that easily stand alone, but have several cameos from previous main plot characters.  So, I also finished books 9-12 which are:
Angel's Peak
Moonlight Road
Promise Canyon
Wild Man Creek

Hello Movies

April was not a good month for my movie project.  It seemed like I just kept falling further behind and one week I gave up entirely.  I'm hoping to get back to it and catch up over the next month, but we'll see.  At this point, I'm not sure if I should start where I stopped or just move on and fill in what I missed when I can.  I'm leaning towards the second.

Hello May

Thankfully, this month we'll at least be in town more often since there are no dance competitions.  I'm sure it will still be busy so we'll see if I start Hello Monday blogs again or just continue with a monthly update.  It's hard to believe that school is almost over and I will have a 2nd grader.

Happy May Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment