Thursday, May 27, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 18

 Musical Monday - Unrinetown (2001)

I first saw this show when I was in college.  My alma mater has a small but successful theater department and I was clueless when they put this show on.  I have to admit I don't think I ever heard of it again either.  I found it really enjoyable back then.  This time, it was still enjoyable, it's not a show where the music sticks with me.

Tune Tuesday - Cabaret (1972)


So, I've come to the conclusion that this movie may be good, but the soundtrack is better.  As a dancer, I grew up listening to these songs and they never get old.  I don't think I'll watch the movie again any time soon, but I've been singing these songs since I watched it and I could totally see myself listening to this soundtrack again sometime soon.

Wayback Wednesday - The Little Princess (1939)


If I could have chosen any Shirley Temple movie, I'm not sure this would have been my first pick.  I did remember this one, and I enjoyed it, but this one doesn't have any of her memorable songs and dances.  I originally had just decided that this wayback Wednesday would be something with Shirley Temple.  When this week rolled around, this was the easiest of her movies for me to get my hands on. 


Throwback Thursday - Field of Dreams (1989)


It was fun watching this movie again.  As an adult, I wonder how someone came up with this movie idea.  I mean, if you think about it, it's pretty strange.  If you can get past that, it's a great movie. I may have even lost a few tears.


Friday First - Man of La Mancha (1972)


So, I have to confess that I just don't understand why this was on so many best movie lists.  I was surprised that it was a musical just because I knew absolutely nothing about this movie.  Other than that surprise, I didn't really like anything about this movie.  To be honest, I was working on my computer while watching and nothing grabbed my attention.  I kept checking to see how much longer I had before the movie would be over.  Usually, these movies that I pulled from best movie lists I can at least understand or appreciate why they were on the list even if I didn't like them.  This one, though, I can't even say that.

Seasonal Saturday - She's All That (1999)


This movie has some great moments, but I could really do without the bullying scene in the cafeteria.  I don't want to discuss it, but if you've seen this movie you know exactly what I'm talking about.  In my opinion, it's just gross.  Otherwise, this movie was enjoyable to revisit after all these years.

Disney Dinner - Tarzan (1999)



No comments:

Post a Comment