Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Why Bullet Journal?

I know I have been promising a post on my bullet journal since I started blogging again back in January.  Nothing like fulfilling a promise 6 months later, huh?  So, first things first, what is a bullet journal?  Well, there is an official website found at bulletjournal.com that provides this definition:

The Bullet Journal is a customizable and forgiving organization system. It can be your to-do list, sketchbook, notebook, and diary, but most likely, it will be all of the above. It will teach you to do more with less.

My favorite word out of this definition is "customizable."  The absolute best part of a bullet journal, or bujo for short, is that it can be whatever you want it to be.  It can also be changed whenever you want, so you can explore with what works for you.  I personally use mine as a plaanner/organizer, with trackers for everything that I'm interested in seeing.  Here are some of the things that I have in my bujo: yearly calendar, monthly calendar, weekly plans and to-do list, mood and habit trackers, meal panning, books I've read, movies I've seen, TV shows I've watched, miles walked, my Whole30 journey, blog plans, workout plans, and a running log.  The actual possibilities are endless.

What I've learned so far

  1. I'm not as bad at drawing as I always thought! - You don't have to draw to create a bullet journal, but let's be honest, it's a lot prettier and more fun if you add something to it.  Some of my pictures are way more elaborate than others and that's fine.  I'm still impressed with every single one of them and I know I'm always going to have this little keepsake of this year to look back on.
  2. The more I bujo, the more I get done! - I know this seems a little strange, that the more time I spend writing in a book the more I would get done in my life, but I swear it's true.  Somehow, this holds me accountable.  The weeks that I've been lazy in my bujo are the weeks that I spent binge watching some TV instead of doing dishes, laundry, projects, anything.  In my bujo, everything is lined out as to what I need to do each day, and the more that I can write down in my book and fill it up, the better everything works out.
  3. There's so much more I can do with this! - I always have all these plans of what I can put into my book, but I don't get to.  I love that the possibilities are endless and that I can continue doing this and adding new pages.  I don't think I will get tired of this anytime soon!
I'm so excited to share more of my bujo journey with you all, and please feel free to ask any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment