Friday, March 24, 2017

Darby O'Gill and the Little People

This was another repeat movie for us, because what else are you going to watch on St. Patrick's Day?  If you're interested in seeing my green meal from last year, you should check out that post here.  (P.S. the cake I made last year was the best tasting cake I've ever made, so you should really check it out.)  In fact, since we had family coming in this year, I had been planning for over a month to make that cake again.  I was really looking forward to it.  However, since I wanted to get the Whole30 program in before our Disney trip (with time for the reintroduction period) I decided to start before St. Patrick's Day.  I felt a little bad for changing my plan, but I didn't feel like tempting my control that much and chose not to make it.  Instead, I made a nice Whole30 compliant dinner, Dublin Coddle.


This meal was delicious and I'm pretty sure we will make it again.  It was an easy meal, too.  I browned the sausage before throwing everything in the crockpot for a few hours.  Sausage, potatoes, onion, and I threw in some cabbage too, since I had half a head leftover from a previous meal with no idea when else I could have used it.  The original recipe also called for bacon, but I didn't search hard enough to find some that didn't have any sugar in it so I just left it out.  Next time I make this, I will definitely add it though, because bacon makes everything better.  As a side note, it also called for beef broth, but I'm way too lazy to make my own bone broth so I just added a little water and it still tasted great!

As for the movie, on the other hand.  No one wanted to watch it with me.  I actually ended up sticking the movie in on Monday morning while I was writing my weekly "hello" post, but I didn't make it all the way through, before Littlecjc decided to turn it off so she could watch something else.  I didn't even fight it this time.  It's not as much fun to watch this movie when you're watching it by yourself and it's no longer St. Patrick's Day.  I guess I'll try again next year!  I wonder what Irish meal I'll come up with next?

No comments:

Post a Comment