Monday, March 13, 2017

Hello Monday

Weekend Recap
I am so grateful that I have family that lives in town.  We woke up Saturday morning and decided we would take Littlecjc to the cheap theater to watch Sing!  I sent out a text to Grandma and her aunt and uncle, and everyone was able to join us.  She had a little trouble staying in her seat, but she loved the music.  We had so much fun watching little one dance around in her seat and even in front of it.  She left the theater singing "Shake it off."  Besides a trip to the library after the movie, this was the excitement of our weekend.  On Sunday, we made it to church and then did some car maintenance by getting an oil change and going through the car wash.  Otherwise the only thing we did Sunday was clean up the house.  It's kind of sad, but I guess this has become our new schedule; cleaning the house on the weekend.

Hello Monday
This week isn't super exciting in the bullet journal, but what do you expect? It's St. Patrick's Day week, so it's another repeat Disney Dinner since you have to watch this classic every year.  It's Darby O'Gill and the Little People.


Hello Blake Shelton, Grandma, and Grandpa
Thursday night, Blake Shelton is in town and it's going to be a family event.  My in-laws love Blake Shelton, so we got them tickets to this concert for Christmas and Patrick's sister and her husband are going along too.  I would say that this event is another reason this week's quote is appropriate, but since I started Whole30 last week, I guess I will be the one driving this time around.  Since my mother-in-law works in a school, this week happens to be her spring break.  This works out well since they wouldn't be able to drive home after the show anyway.  So, they have decided to board the dog and they will be staying with us a few days.  (Another reason we tried to clean house this weekend.  Even though it only takes a few minutes for Littlecjc to wreck it.)

Hello Insanity Max 30
Last week was our last week with the T25 program.  I'm so happy that I finished the program.  Yes, I admit that I did skip a few days of workout, but I still completed the schedule, mostly.  We only have 6 weeks before our upcoming Disney trip, so we won't be able to complete any of the programs that we currently have, but Patrick was wanting to get back into some of the Max 30 workouts so this is what we are starting.  I didn't really remember these workouts, so I just previewed today's workout and I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot more modifying than I've been doing the last few weeks.  I was so happy with how little modifications I was making during the second moth of T25, but it seems like Max30 is a lot more cardio intense.  Then again, today's workout is called Cardio Challenge, so maybe the others won't be quite as bad.  Either way, a modified workout is still way better than no workout.  This just gives me something new to work for.

Hello Whole30, Week 2
On Wednesday, I will start my second week of the Whole30 program.  The program includes a mental timeline to help you prepare and be ready for what's about to hit you.  Within this first week, they tell you to expect "the hangover," where you will likely experience headaches and feel a little like you're hungover.  Luckily, I didn't really experience this too much.  Next I was expecting to want to "kill all the things."  Again, I didn't really experience this one either.  I did maybe a little on Saturday afternoon/evening after the movie.  I was fine at the movie when everyone was eating their popcorn and candy, but afterwards I was hungry when everyone else wasn't.  I should have packed one of the compliant Larabars that they suggest using in emergencies, because we stopped by a dollar store filled with candy, which is when I got snappy.  I was fine again, when we got home and we fixed some dinner.  Today and tomorrow, the timeline says I'll "just want to nap."  Well, so far this morning I still feel good, but I'm sure I'll be toast after that new workout.

So what have I been eating this past week?  A lot of eggs and potatoes for one thing, but surprisingly, I'm not tired of them yet.  Another go-to is of course a salad.   




This week, I'm expected to experience possible bloating as my stomach finishes adjusting to the lack of sugar.  Day 10 and 11 are apparently the hardest days since this is when most people quit the program.  And then apparently, I may start dreaming of junk food.  I think I'm ok with that.  As long as I can get past day 11.

Hello Menu
A good aspect of Whole30, I didn't eat out once this past weekend.  I did eat out on Monday and Tuesday last week when we were out of town, but since starting Whole30 on Wednesday, I've eaten at home for every meal, which is a nice change.  Since I started Whole30 on a Wednesday, Monday and Tuesday this week were already planned, so I'm still working out the details of this week's menu, but here's the current plan.

Monday - buffalo chicken stuffed pepper, guacomoli
Tuesday - tilapia, sweet potato, brussel sprouts
Wednesday - balsamic chicken and vegetables
Thursday - steak fajita (in lettuce for me)
Friday - BBQ casserole chicken
Saturday - leftovers?
Sunday - Dublin Coddle

Hello Repeat Books and Binges
I didn't finish my audio book, Uprooted, last week, so I'm still working on that this week.  I'm also embarrassed to admit, but I'm still working on Dragonfly in Amber, as my current physical book.  So, I'm definitely not starting any new books this week, and hopefully I'll finish at least one if not both of these this week.  As for my binge watching, I'm making good progress on Gossip Girl, but with 6 full seasons, it still takes a while.  So, nothing new here either.  Probably a good thing on both accounts with our busy week ahead.

Hello Snow?
I thought we had a chance of snow today, but that it wasn't going to amount to anything.  I guess the roads may be too warm to do damage in that regard, but the largest snowflake have been falling the entire time I've been writing this post.  The grass is mostly covered already, and the roof across the street is completely covered.  I would take a picture for you, if a certain little one hasn't stolen my phone this morning to play her games.  Looking outside, I'm sure glad there's no where I have to be today.

Now Bring it ON
I think that is all for this morning, so bring on the week.

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment