Monday, March 20, 2017

Hello Monday

Weekend Recap

We had such a fun end of last week/weekend.  Thursday evening, Patrick's parents came in town and we all went to the Blake Shelton concert, sans Littlecjc of course.  We had amazing seats right near the stage and Blake sang all my favorite classics as well as his new hits.  It was so much fun.  The show started with Sundance Kid, who I didn't know much about other than he was on The Voice, but he had a great voice.


Then, Raelynn had her turn on stage.  I knew more of her songs, but I will tell you, this girl is going to make it and be around for a while.  She is definitely an entertainer.  She had the crowd going just like any headliner would.




Here's just a few of the pictures I took from our amazing seats of Blake.





Here's a video for your viewing pleasure of the final song (pre-encore) of all three performers together.


On Friday, Patrick and I went to an early showing of the new Beauty and the Beast.  I absolutely loved this film.  I think Disney did an amazing job at adapting and updating this film.  All the classic scenes were there, but they weren't just copied.  They were made their own.  This film also provides more background and new songs which gave it something special.  The cast was great.  While keeping with a lot of the original dialog and songs, they were able to give the characters more depth.  As a musical person, I also really appreciated the arrangements of the classic songs.  Great job Disney!  I really look forward to what you do next.  I know I always do, but I didn't get nearly the same feeling from the live-action Cinderella they previously did.

Friday night, Patrick's family was all at our house for some games and of course basketball.  With March Madness this weekend, we had two TVs set up in our living room so Patrick could watch as much of all the games as possible.  Once his parents left on Saturday, the rest of the weekend was extremely lazy.  Patrick continued to watch more basketball, while I finally finished "Dragonfly in Amber."  Littlecjc caught up on some sleep and took a good nap both Saturday and Sunday.

Hello Monday
Here's a look at the week ahead.


This week we will be watching a double-feature of Pete's Dragon.  Another great adaptation of a Disney classic.  It's actually been a long time since I've seen the original, so I'm really looking forward to watching these films.  The week in general seems like an average week for us.  However, we may make a weekend trip up to Patrick's parents, depending on his cousin's that might be coming into town.

Hello Insanity Max 30, Week 2
Week 1 kicked my bottom, but I survived.  I was so sore, since this workout is so different from the T25 workouts, but I was happy with what I accomplished.  I admit that I missed Thursday's workout, so hopefully this week will be better.

Hello Whole30, Week 3
I will finish week 2 of my Whole30 journey tomorrow, but I am apparently past the hardest days.  My hardest day so far was Saturday, day 11, which is one of the two most common days to quit.  On this evening, I had my first Whole30 meal flop.  I tried fixing a BBQ chicken casserole.  It didn't really look like the picture much, but I tried giving it a fair shot.  It was kind of okay, but I definitely didn't go back for seconds and ended up tossing most of the casserole into the trash.  I think this was part of my problem this evening.  Since I didn't really have a full dinner, I just wanted to snack on everything.  With the exception of the compliant Larabar I gave into, I held true to the program.  I didn't take as many pictures this week, but here's some of what I've been eating.




















Hello Menu
Last week's menu got shifted and altered some, so the steak fajita and balsamic chicken and veggies are going to happen this week instead.

Monday - Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli with sweet potato
Tuesday - Steak fajita lettuce wrap
Wednesday - Meatloaf, brussels sprouts
Thursday - Garlic Chicken Margarita with cauliflower rice
Friday - Sausage pizza twice baked sweet potato
Saturday - Balsamic chicken and veggies
Sunday - Fish, sweet potato, brussels sprouts, apple

Hello New Book
I finally finished Dragonfly in Amber.  Although the middle of this one got a little slow for me, it finished strong and now I'm so anxious to start the next book in the series, Voyager, to see what happens next.  I also haven't finished Uprooted yet, since I basically ignored that one to finish the other book.  So now I really need to finish that one up this week.

Hello Binge List
While I'm still working on Gossip Girls, there are so many new things that I also want to watch right now.  Since I finally finished the second Outlander book, I'm now ready for the second season of that series.  Netflix also dropped the final season of Vampire Diaries this weekend.  This is a series that I definitely binged on last fall/winter so I'm interested to see how the series ends.  I've also been wanting to give Parenthood another chance lately and just the other day, I came across Nashville at the library when for some reason I didn't think it was available to me.  So many shows, and so little time.

Hello Disney Shirts
As our next Disney trip is getting closer, I really need to start making our shirts this week.  For Christmas, I got a Cricut cutting machine from my parents.  So far, I've mostly just used it to make cards.  I did make a few fun towels at Christmas, but I guess I'm a little intimidated to start on my first shirts.  I have designed 4 sets of shirts for our trip on the cricut design space and now all the vinyl and shirts have come in and I still haven't started actually making the shirts.  This is the week that changes.  I need to start those shirts this week.

Now Bring it on
I'm not off to a great start, since it's after noon already, but I got this.

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment