Thursday, April 29, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 13

 Musical Monday - Easter Parade (1948)


This was a sweet musical, and I really enjoyed it.  Judy Garland was great and I loved every time they took to the stage.

Tune Tuesday - Book of Mormon (2011)


I think this show is so fun.  I saw it performed live on stage during it's time at Chicago and it was just as fun watching it again, this time on YouTube.  I think the dance numbers are great, but the music is perfect.  This show is spot on with the humorous comments and I love singing along with this one.

Wayback Wednesday - Funny Girl (1968)


I don't think I had ever seen this movie, or at least in it's entirety, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I had seen some numbers before, and I grew up singing "Don't Rain on my Parade" but I didn't even know this was where it came from.  There were so many fun numbers in this and I loved every time Barbara Streisand sang.  The only problem I had with this show was her husband.  I wanted more of her stage life and less of his shenanigans.

Throwback Thursday - Steel Magnolias (1989)


How can you not love this movie?  It gets me every time.  I don't think I've ever watched this and not cried.  It pulls your heart in all the right places, but also knows how to make you laugh.  This movie has an amazing cast and it had a great writer because it seems just about perfect to me.

Friday First - Spongebob the Musical (2020)


The Easter bunny brought this to LittleCJC this year, so I didn't watch it on Friday, but we have watched it on repeat every night since she got it.  She loves it and I totally understand why.  It's fun, bight, and the music is catchy.  I'm not a fan of Spongebob the cartoon, but I do like this musical.

Seasonal Saturday - Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2002)


This movie is good, but I feel like it is one of those movies that hits you best the first time you watch it.  I don't know, maybe I just don't have the patience to watch it from start to finish without interruptions and this is one that needs your attention to be enjoyed.

Disney Dinner - The Aristocats (1970)


This was Easter Sunday, so this dinner did not happen.  We had a busy weekend and by time dinner rolled around we all wanted to do our own thing and I chose to just serve some leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment