Monday, April 5, 2021

Hello Monday

 Well, at this point, maybe it should be Hello April.  It's been a bit since I've written one of these, and so much has happened since then.  We took our spring break vacation to Disney and Universal.  We had so much fun, so you'll have to be sure to check back for a trip report.  This past weekend, we visited the in-laws and celebrated Easter both there and at home.





Hello Monday

This week, the chaos continues.  LittleCJC has extended rehearsals before her first dance competition this weekend. On Sunday, we have one last Easter celebration with my side of the family.

Hello New Obsession
Last week, I started a new Beachbody workout, 80 Day Obsession.  So far, I'm loving it.  I was real hesitant to start this one, because the workouts are longer, so much equipment is needed, and there is no music playing.  I really thought that would be weird and I thought it would make the long workouts seem even longer, but instead it doesn't bother me and I'm always amazed at how quickly the workout passes.  I have been so sore this past week, but in a good way.  I'm curious to see how this week goes, but excited to keep going.  7 days down, 73 more to go.

Hello Movies
So, I can already tell this yearly project is going to be a struggle.  Obviously, I didn't watch movies on vacation, but the week leading up to it was almost a complete waste too.  I've discovered that I struggle more when other people are home.  For example, if LittleCJC is home from school or if Patrick is working from home I don't always take the time to watch whatever I'm suppose to be watching.  I guess I'll just keep trying my best to always play this catch-up game I seem to have going on lately.

Hello Books
As for books, I'm still working my way through Six of Crows, even though it's already due at the library.  Hopefully, I can finish it today, or else I'm going to feel too guilty and return it without finishing.  I guess that means I'm not loving it, but it isn't bad, so I'm not sure why  it's taking me so long to get through this one.  

Even with vacation, I was able to finish a few books on the car ride there and back.  First, was An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon.  These books are enjoyable while I'm in the story, but they don't really stick with me anymore.  The cast has gotten so big and so many storylines are going on, and some are definitely more enjoyable than others.  Next, I read Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.  I think I expected too much from this one.  There were some interesting and really enjoyable parts of the story, but overall, it moved slowly and I just didn't love it.  I then devoured The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory.  This was a fun sweet story and I loved it.  The final book I read since my last post was The Lady of the Rivers by Phillipa Gregory.  I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would.  Ironically, it reminded me of the Outlander series but without the time travel.  I think the similarities lie in the fact of all the battles taking place in the story and of course the historic aspect.

Happy Monday Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment