Thursday, April 15, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 11

 With our vacation approaching, this week got away from me here.  I've caught up some and probably the best I'm going to so here it is.

Musical Monday - Jesus Christ Superstar (1973)


Okay, I'll admit there are some moving moments in this and even though I've always known the song "Jesus Christ Superstar" there were a few lines that hit me a little differently while in context of the show.  Or else, I just payed more attention to the song this time.  I also must admit, I think the 70s musicals are probably my least favorite.  I'm curious to see if I end up loving any of them from that decade.

Tune Tuesday - Once (2012)


So, I watched this on YouTube and I didn't love it.  Some musical numbers were fun, but the show itself just didn't move enough for me.

Wayback Wednesday - Yours, Mine, and Ours (1968)


I love this show.  I don't know how young I was when I first saw it, but I have always found it so funny and cute.  I wish they still made movies like this.  Let me also say that if you've only seen the remake, then you are truly missing out.  This version is where it's at, I'm telling you.

Throwback Thursday - The Flintstones (1994)


This is one I skipped.  Maybe sometime later this year I'll get to it, because I think LittleCJC is at the age that she would like.

Friday First - Bye Bye Birdie (1963)


I don't know if I had ever heard of this show before college, but it seemed everywhere there.  So many of my friends had performed in it during high school and my sorority even included one of the songs in their recruitment skit.  Unfortunately, I didn't love it like everyone else.  I can't pinpoint why, but I wasn't impressed.  In fact, I took a shower in the middle of it and felt like I didn't miss anything when I came back to it.  Who knows? Maybe I missed the best part.  I don't think I'll be watching it again to find out.  At least not anytime soon.

Seasonal Saturday - National Lampoon Vacation (1983)


Unfortunately, this was another one that I missed.  I thought this would be fun to watch before our vacation and I was actually looking forward to this one as an adult, but I couldn't ever get my hands on it.

Disney Dinner - Ratatouille (2007)


I planned this movie here thinking maybe we would watch it in the car on our way to Disney with hopes that the new Ratatouille ride would be open.  Well, we knew it wouldn't be months ago and actually decided to not go to Epcot at all during this trip.  With that knowledge, I didn't pack this movie and we never watched it, let alone had a themed dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment