Saturday, March 13, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 9

Oops.  Sorry I forgot to publish this on Thursday.

 I have to admit, I failed this week and I don't even know why.  I've been trying to catch up before writing this post, but I also don't want to fall behind again this next week.  I guess, we will see how much gets accomplished before this gets published on Thursday.

Musical Monday - West Side Story (1961)


I haven't watched this in a while, so I quite enjoyed watching it.  I remember thinking how silly it was when I was younger, that the boys all fought through dance.  It made them appear so fierce, lol.  Now, however, I think it's brilliant.  Jerome Robbins really was a genius.

Tune Tuesday - In the Heights (2005)


Unfortunately, I have to admit that I was really distracted during this viewing.  The music seemed fun, but I think I'll enjoy revisiting this musical when the movie version comes out later this year.

Wayback Wednesday - Lawrence of Arabia (1962)


This movie may have won several awards, but it's not for me.  First of all, why are all these older movies so long?  Seriously, I thought thank goodness, it's over...and then my screen said INTERMISSION.  I couldn't believe it.  Let's just say it's a good thing I had already put in the second disc before that lovely message.

Throwback Thursday - Honey I Shrunk the Kids (1989)


I thought this movie was brilliant when I was a kid.  Now, I love how it reminds me of the old play area at Disney's MGM Studios.  That's right, MGM, because that still sounds normal to me even though I have finally gotten used to calling it Hollywood Studios or more often than not, just Studios.

Friday First - Mame (1974)


So, I really tried to watch this one.  I got it from the library, but I could never get it to play.  The menu would start up every time I tried, but the movie would never stop.  I tried entering through scene selections too, but it never worked.  I even looked for additional copies to borrow from the library but they apparently only have the one.  Sometimes I think my DVD player is just being too picky and won't play movies from the library since they like to put a sticker around the center circle of the disc.

Seasonal Saturday - Say Anything (1989)


This movie is nice, but I don't get the hype that it receives.  In fact, I didn't remember this movie at all, until I started watching and I was like oh, I have seen this before.

Disney Dinner - Alice in Wonderland (1951)


This was fun to watch since we hadn't seen it in a really long time.  LittleCJC enjoyed every time there was an appearance of a new character or a reference to one of our dinner items, especially every time Alice ate something and changed in size.  Check out my Disney Dinner post for the food details.












No comments:

Post a Comment