Monday, March 8, 2021

Hello Monday

 Update

With the weather getting a little warmer and the sun coming out more, I feel like we're becoming so much more productive.  On Friday, we were able to visit with family before LittleCJC had a make-up tumbling class.  On Saturday, we visited the zoo again.  LittleCGC was so excited to see the animals again.


Our little girls weren't as motivated to walk the entire time when they didn't have other family friends to run and play with.  They still had fun though.











After the zoo, we went home and cleaned up our house.  Why does this always seem like a lost battle?  On Sunday, we went to church and then fun Disney Dinner evening.

Hello Monday

All of a sudden, I'm looking at my calendar and feeling like I have so much going on.  I know I have a few things I need to get done before our vacation that I'm trying to schedule, but LittleCJC also has more going on as well.  We're getting ready for her dance competition season, and this means preparing costumes, make-up, and her bag with everything ready to go.  She actually has a dress rehearsal this weekend, even though I don't have all her costumes and as of today I don't have any instructions yet for rhinestoning those costumes.

For some reason, her school is having a virtual learning day this Friday too.  I'm not sure why they are doing this, and this will be the first planned one so I guess we'll see how it goes.  They of course did virtual learning last year during the pandemic, but we were all learning then, so we'll see how this planned day works.

Hello Movies

I have to admit, I fell behind again last week so here we are playing catch-up once more.  Hopefully, I get caught up instead of falling further behind.  Here's what I'm suppose to be watching this week.

Musical Monday - Godspell

Tune Tuesday - Waitress

Wayback Wednesday - Gone with the Wind

Throwback Thursday - Back to the Future

Friday First - Hair

Seasonal Saturday - Darby O'Gill and the Little People

Disney Dinner - Luck of the Irish


Hello Books

Last week I started with I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life by Anne Bogel.  This was a nice short listen.  It wasn't amazing, but it had some fun points.  Then I read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.  I didn't get into this one.  There was an interesting idea within this story, but I felt like the author went in a different direction leaving me wanting more.  I then read The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.  This book has been on my radar since it first came out, but I was always hesitant for some reason to read it.  I really shouldn't have put it off for so long as it was nicely done, leaving a lot to think about.  The final book last week was A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon.  I actually started this book over two years ago, but never finished it.  Thankfully, this week, I found it in audio format.  I really enjoy this series, but these books are so long.  Even knowing how long these books are, I still thought it was a mistake when I first found the audiobook and it said 57 hours.  No wonder I never finished the ebook.  Even at double speed that's still almost 30 hours.  I did still like this book, but at times it seemed some things were happening when there was no need for them to do so.  I don't know, maybe it was the double speed, or maybe it was just unnecessarily long.  Probably a combination of both.

As you can see, I didn't even open Six of Crows last week, so hopefully I can this week.  I have to admit it is a lot harder for me to find time to read a physical book than to listen while I can multitask.  With the outlander series fresh in my mind, I might start the next book too, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment