Monday, March 1, 2021

Hello Monday

 Update

I know I missed last week's Monday post, so sorry if this one is longer than normal.  We did get the snow everyone predicted, and the girls loved playing in it.  As I predicted, LittleCJC was out of school all week.  In fact, between the ice storm the week before and the snow, she was out of school for a total of 8 days.  Let's just say we were all ready to get back to normal schedules last week, even if it seemed like we were playing catch-up all week.







We went straight from snow and ice to spring.  It warmed up last week, and we were able to get out of the house again.  We started our weekend off with some donuts.  The dinning area was open and no one was there, so we ended up eating inside which is something we haven't done in a really long time.

We then spent the afternoon at the zoo with Grandma and SL3.  The kids had a blast.













Hello Monday

This week should be back to normal.  I don't have anything extra on my calendar, but we do have some exciting events coming up so my goal is to just stay on top of everything and prepare for our upcoming events....including a vacation!

Hello Movies

Here's this week's lineup.

Musical Monday - West Side Story

Tune Tuesday - In the Heights

Wayback Wednesday - Lawrence of Arabia

Throwback Thursday - Honey I Shrunk the Kids

Friday First - Mame

Seasonal Saturday - Say Anything

Disney Dinner - Alice in Wonderland

Hello Books

This month was a great reading month for me both in quantity and quality, especially since my last post.  I finished The Arctic Fury by Greer Macallister.  A five star read with themes of survival, friendship, loyalty, gender thoughts and secrets.  I then read another five star emotional book about survival not on ice, but instead from inside the dust bowl and poverty, The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah.  I discovered this author back in college and she still remains one of my favorites.  The next book I read was Home Before Dark by Riley Sager.  I am still thinking about this book.  I usually say I don't like thrillers, but I loved this book.  So many plot twist, I was lost until the very end and then I wanted to immediately reread this book.  I obviously didn't, but I may in the future.  I do definitely see me reading more from Riley Sager in the future.  I then started and completed the paradise triliogy by Elin Hilderbrand: Winter in Paradise, What Happens in Paradise, and Troubles in Paradise.  I think of the three the first was the best, but they were all enjoyable.  I also finally finished Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse.  Not the best book in comparison of the others read the last two weeks, but another solid 4 star read.  The last book I read this week was The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz.  This was not what I was expecting, but I did enjoy it.  Part romance, part mystery, and a lot of messed up family drama and history.

This week, I plan on reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, I'd Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel, and at least starting Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.  We'll see how the week goes.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment