Thursday, March 4, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 8

 I have to admit I skipped one movie this week.  I even went to the effort of getting it from the library, and yet it is still sitting on my table where I just can't get myself to put it in the DVD player.  Which movie is it?  My Friday first pick, Misery.  I know it must have been on many list for me to put it on mine, but horror is not an enjoyable genre for me.  We'll see if I get to it before it goes back to the library.  Here's the rest of my week.

Musical Monday - My Fair Lady (1964)


I have to admit that I had never seen this one before, and honestly I expected more from it.  I feel like they spent too much time with the diction.  I realize that's a majority of the story, and maybe that's my problem with this one.  If that's the main part of the story, that's not an interesting storyline.

Tune Tuesday - Spring Awakening (2006)


This musical was fun to revisit, because I actually was fortunate enough to see this on Broadway with the original cast.  This also makes me sad though, because it reminds me of how long it's been since I've been to New York.  The music is great either way, but I do feel as though shows with a heavier theme are easier to watch live versus your living room TV.  Maybe it's just me or the different stages of my life while watching it.  Regardless, I did still enjoy it.

Wayback Wednesday - North by Northwest (1959)


I wasn't blown away by this one, but I found it very enjoyable.  At the beginning, I was feeling a Bourne vibe, but if you're familiar with this one, you know that it truly is just a case of mistaken identity.  

Throwback Thursday - Newsies (1992)


I grew up with this musical.  I think it was one of those films that only got better every time I watched it.  Thinking back on it, this was probably one of the first "new" musicals I remember.  I grew up on the classic musicals, but as far as watching a musical when it was new, this is probably the first.  I know it's only a movie musical, at least at the time, but we've all got to start somewhere.

Friday First - Misery (1990)


We'll see.

Seasonal Saturday - Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)


This movie is great, but I will admit that the first viewing of this one will always be the best.  It's still fun watching everything fall apart and come together, but that first time when you don't know how it's all going to come together is the best.  It's an all-star cast with a great ending.

Disney Dinner - Snow White (1937)


This was fun watching LittleCJC watch this now that she's older.  I loved watching her laugh at so many of the scenes with the dwarfs.  I think it was a lazy week for me, but you'll have to check out my Disney Dinner post for those details.

No comments:

Post a Comment