Monday, January 25, 2021

Hello Monday

 Weekend Update

This weekend was a perfect lazy winter weekend.  We stayed in Saturday morning, sleeping in and then eventually playing some card games.  After lunch, we were all ready to get out of the house.  The sun was shining brightly deceiving the girls that it was nice outside and so they kept bugging us to go play at a park.  Patrick and I both thought that idea sounded too cold, but we found a happy middle by going to the zoo.  We used to go to our zoo all the time, but our annual passes actually had expired just before everything shut down with the pandemic.  Our zoo has been reopened for a good while now, but we still hadn't been back.  So, for the first time in over a year, we went to the local zoo, renewing our annual passes.




We had a lot of fun.  LittleCGC obviously didn't remember the zoo since she was only 1 the last time we went.  As for LittleCJC, it had been such a long time since we'd been that she also enjoyed it.  She loved being big sis and showing LittleCGC everything.


On Sunday, we went to church, made a quick stop at the store on the way home and enjoyed this week's Disney Dinner, 101 Dalmations.


Hello Monday

We've made it to a new week, and thankfully it looks like another average week with nothing out of the norm on our calendar.  The only extra activity I can think of is that LittleCJC is celebrating kindness week at school.  Each day, they have a different dress theme that they can participate in.  I love that she loves participating in these.


Hello Movies

I'm really getting my use out of the library this year with this project.  I will admit that it is a little more frustrating right now with the libraries physically being closed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful that we can use our library at all.  Let me back up and explain our current situation.  We have 8 branches of our library, and I am the type of person who will travel to any and all of them to get the material that I want.  The way our library is currently running, you place a hold on any item you want and then when your items are ready to be picked up they have a curbside service where you call and they bring them out to you.  So, of course, these movies are usually all over the place.  Mostly, it just seems a little inconsistent.  Some times, I request items and they're almost instantly ready and other times they seem to take two full days.  One time I tried changing my pickup locations based on where I thought the materials were, but I think I just confused the librarians and they changed my location pickup for me.  Another time, I was sure my home library had one or two of the items I requested, but yet they still weren't ready until all my transferred items arrived.  So, who knows, but again, I'm just thankful to get access to the library material during this time so that I can work through this crazy project of mine, even if I have to adjust some of my days of viewing to make it work.  Whew! With all that being said, here's this week's movies.

Musical Monday - Brigadoon

Tune Tuesday - Ragtime

Wayback Wednesday - It Happened One Night

Throwback Thursday - Iron Will

Friday First - Moonstruck

Seasonal Saturday - A Walk to Remember

Disney Dinner - Robin Hood


Hello Books

Well, I still haven't made it through Silver Dew, so I better spend some time reading that this week.  As for my audio books, I did listen to Exit West last week and it wasn't for me.  I also got through The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin.  I was really excited for this one, since this author wrote some of my favorite books of last year, but unfortunately, I didn't get into this one.  It was an interesting concept and many of the ideas/themes in the book are compatible with current themes of our nation, but maybe that's part of why I didn't enjoy it.  I'd rather escape from the craziness going on in our politics and society when reading instead.  I don't know.  Pacing of the story also seemed a bit off.  I'm not really sure, but this one really just didn't do it for me.  As for this week, my hold has come up on The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Hamel so I'll start with that.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment