Monday, January 18, 2021

Hello Monday

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend!  Patrick's parents came in town Friday evening and spent the night playing games with our girls.  We also watched the original The Parent Trap, even though the girls didn't get into it, all us adults enjoyed it.  On Saturday, his parents spent some time at his sister's house while we prepared for dinner, when they were to all come back to our house.  If you missed last week's update, both Patrick and his sister recently had birthdays so we had fun celebrating with everyone.  On Sunday we went to church and the girls were able to play with a friend afterwards.  The rest of the day was spent at home watching football and our Disney dinner, Inside Out.  Of course, I didn't get any pictures of the birthday kids, but here's a picture of the little kids being their crazy selves.


 Hello Monday

Today is Martin Luther King Jr Day, so everyone is home.  Plus, we're getting a new furnace installed so it's a little crazy around here.  However, once we get past today, the rest of the week should be a normal schedule and I don't think we have anything planned for next weekend.  I'm sure we'll come up with something though.

Hello Movies

Here's this week's musicals/movies:

Musical Monday - How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

Tune Tuesday - Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812

Wayback Wednesday - Little Women

Throwback Thursday - The Cutting Edge

Friday First - An Affair to Remember

Seasonal Saturday - Mr. Popper's Penguins

Disney Dinner - 101 Dalmations

I think I'm most excited for Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812, because that appeared on many favorite musical lists when I was doing my research.

Hello Books

So last week, I did finish Amber Frost by Suzi Davis like I planned, but I can't say I made any progress in the second book of this series called Silver Dew.  Hopefully, I'll get to that one this week.  I did listen to Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata, but I can't say I loved it.  It was a short, easy read (or listen in my case) but I definitely didn't find it humorous like so many reviews stated.  I also listened to The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.  Maybe I was just in a reading funk last week, because I didn't care for this one much either.  It was an interesting idea, but I didn't enjoy the way it played out.  I will say I enjoyed the ending, but the middle left a lot to be desired in my opinion.  This week, I've already started listening to The Huntress by Kate Quinn.  So far, this book is everything I expected it to be.  I will probably also listen to Exit West by Mohsin Hamid this week, since I borrowed it last week from the library but ended up getting The Huntress (which was on hold) before I started reading.  We'll see if I get to anything else.

I guess that's all for now.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment