Monday, March 28, 2016

I Must Confess: Mandy vs. Mommy

This week, I thought I would join myhometruths for her I must confess link up.  I was prompted to confess a word that makes me cringe.  Well, right now that word would be "Mandy".  I know, you're thinking what? Your own name makes you cringe?  No, not usually, but let me explain.  My two year old has taken to calling me by my name instead of Mommy or any form of the word.  So yes, every time I hear my name come from her mouth, I cringe.  At first, it was amusing and only slightly frustrating, but now it has become extremely irritating and I honestly squeeze my hands into a fist and then physically relax as the cringe ripples through my body.  Okay, that sounded really dramatic, but I do find myself going through that motion almost every time she calls me by my name.

I also have a bonus confession this week.  After only 4 weeks of our Disney dinner nights, I have already become lazy with these.  Yes, I have a list of excuses and I can claim that we have still sort of had these nights, but they've been lacking the last two weeks.  I haven't even had the ambition to blog about them, because the haven't been that exciting.  However, to be true to this project, I know that needs to be done.  Who knows, maybe this confession will influence me to get those done today.  I guess time will tell.

Do you have confessions to make today? Feel free to link up.

I Must Confess

4 comments:

  1. I also cringe when my kids call me by my name - it's just not natural! I'm so looking forward to checking out the rest of your blog. We LOVE Disney here too - we had our family trip of a lifetime last year to WDW and are already plotting how we are going to get back there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really just getting started in this world of blogging, so I truly appreciate it. And I totally understand about Disney, I'm always trying to plan our next trip.

      Delete
  2. Mine is only 18 months so I'm yet to experience it but my husband is huge with casual swearing. I so can't wait til the day I take him into daycare only to have him scream out a swear word.
    It's going to happen. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I'm not sure which is worse? We made it through this basketball season so I think we're free from this worry at least until next year!

      Delete