Monday, June 12, 2017

Hello Monday

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was great!  Friday night, Littlecjc had her very first dance recital!  She was in a mom and me class, which unfortunately meant I was in the show too.  It's like I've already forgotten that part, though, because she was too adorable and had so much fun.


This one is actually from the rehearsal, but here she is on stage!


Here's a little clip from the rehearsal.  I don't own the rights to the music, but my little jumping bean is so cute, I wanted to share.




We are so blessed that our little girl knows so much love.  She had 10 family members in the audience just to watch her, including Patrick's parents who came in town for the show.  They actually spent the night at our house, but we really didn't get home until about 11:00 Friday night and we left a little after 7 in the morning.  We had a breakfast date with Littlecjc's aunt and uncle.  We decided to take Patrick's parents to the Farm 57 restaurant you heard me rave about last week.


After breakfast, we stopped briefly at Aunt Kara's before the in-laws needed to head back home.  I'm so thankful that they were able to come watch Littlecjc and visit with us, even if it was a short visit.

Besides church on Sunday (and a few short shopping stops) we were pretty lazy the rest of the weekend.  It seemed well needed by all after our busy week.

Hello Monday
Here's your peek at this week.


Now that dance is over, all of our normal weekly commitments are on break for the summer.  That means, I'm making my own commitments...

Hello Hike it Baby
I'm sure I've mentioned my hiking group before, but I'm throwing myself  back in full swing with this group for the summer.  I'm planning on at least two or three hikes a week.  Trail Tuesdays will be spent in the woods, while during Wet & Wild Wednesdays we'll visit all the local fountains and splash pads.  The more hit and miss walk will be Friday mornings.  On the weeks we have a Friday walk, we'll be visiting different coffee houses and playgrounds.  I'm very excited to get back out more frequently again.  Both Littlecjc and I need these plans, or else we end up doing nothing at home.  

Hello 5K
This weekend, I'm planning on running my first ever 5K.  My mom and I signed up to run this race together with the goal of simply running the entire distance.  While training, I had the thought that I could also complete the race in 30 minutes.  However, after rolling my ankle last week, it's now been over a week since I've ran at all.  I was going to try to get out this morning, but my running partner (Littlecjc) has declared we are not running this morning.  I know I shouldn't let her dictate my plans, but it's just not worth it.  Maybe this evening instead.  Anyway, I'm now back to my original goal and I'm just hoping I can finish!

I think that's all for this week.

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment