Monday, February 6, 2017

Hello Monday

First things first, we had a great, food-filled weekend.

Friday, we went out for some pizza with some friends.  The place is a little local place that has a few quarter sucking games for the kids to play.  We went through some money, but Littlecjc definitely came home with more toys than she should have.  It was sweet at first when the 6 year old boy we were with was being nice and playing with her and winning her some toys.  I don't know what kind of charm she started using after that though, because she kept coming back to our table with more toys even after the little boy stopped playing with her and we stopped giving her money.  When this first happened, we gave her some more money to give to the girl who was giving her so much attention, but that girl just kept spending the money on Littlecjc so we stopped giving her money again.  Regardless, we came home with more little toys than she could carry, and we all had a great time.

Patrick's parents came in town on Saturday.  They live about 2 hours away, so not too far for a day trip, but still a nice treat when they do come down.  They were in the mood for a pick-me-up, which Littlecjc always gives them, and they still hadn't seen our kitchen floor or our van.  I think I've mentioned before, that Patrick's sister also lives in the same city as us, so she and her husband also joined us and we all went out to Logan's for lunch.  After somewhat controlling myself at lunch, we all decided to go to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert where all hope was lost.  After our splurge, we came back home where Mamaw played with Littlecjc for a while before they had to hit the road again.  It was a really nice visit and I'm always thankful when they are able to come in town.



When Sunday rolled around, thankfully we weren't going out for food, but we definitely still splurged as we went to my mom's for the Superbowl.  I don't know why we all have the mindset that we have to eat so much to watch this one particular game.  We had ribs, chicken wings, loaded fries, loaded baked beans, stuffed and bacon wrapped peppers, fried shrimp, peanut clusters, and a chocolate cake.  We did actually watch the game (or most of it, at least) and of course the commercials and the half-time performance.  Although, Grandma probably didn't see much of anything since she spent the entire evening playing with Littlecjc.  They did watch and dance to Lady Gaga's performance and I think Littlecjc approved!  We all had fun, and someone was asleep before we made it 5 minutes up the road.  Win, win!



Hello Monday
It's a new week, so here's your peek before the ink.


I know Valentine's Day is still next week, but it's closer to this weekend than the next, so Cinderella had to be this week!  It's looking like a normal, basic week, but don't they usually this early on?

Hello Cold
I wouldn't say I was bragging about being healthy or anything, but it is ironic that the friends we went out with on Friday said they had been battling sickness at their house and after asking if we've been sick, I had to say that we had all been fine.  Not even 24 hours later, my throat started hurting.  I'm not super sick yet, but I am really fighting it this morning.  On the bright side, my throat feels better today, but on the downside my entire head is stuffy and my body aches.  Hopefully, this doesn't get worse.

Hello Food
So how did we do last week? Meh, ok I guess.  We had leftovers one day instead of making the Chili and as already stated, we ended up going out Friday night.  How was last week's new dinner?  Well, I messed up and bought the wrong Squash, so we added some pasta instead of the squash, but we really liked the flavor.  I think we will definitely try this recipe again once we get some spaghetti squash, and we'll have to see which way we like better.

So what's cooking this week? Well, honestly I'm not quite sure yet.  I had some great meals planned this week, but after this past weekend, Patrick mentioned wanting to do the Military Diet dinners to try to get back on track.  So, if we stick to that I'll have to see which meals we keep and which get tossed this week.

Hello New Reads
I finally finished Outlander this weekend and I can't wait to start the next book.  We'll have to see how quickly we can get it from the library.  I also finished listening to Forever this weekend and just downloaded the last book in that series, Sinner.  

Hello Binge List

I created this new spread this past week to keep track of what I'm watching.  As you can see, I didn't get to start Outlander yet.  I'm currently on a hold list for it at the library, so here's hoping I can start it soon.  Instead, I have been watching Limitless.  Patrick also started watching season 8 of Friends the other day, so I've caught some of those off and on as well.

I think that's it for now.  We'll just have to see how the rest of the week plays out.  Feel free to share what you've got going on this week and what you're saying hello to.


No comments:

Post a Comment