Thursday, February 2, 2017

Aladdin

Last weekend, we had our Aladdin movie night. 


I was a little intimidated trying to figure out our dinner, since this is pretty far outside our normal eating habits.  I searched through pinterest looking for ideas that I thought I could make and that my family would eat.  I found this recipe for Middle Eastern pizza and one for Moroccan Maple Roasted Carrots and Apples.  My hope was that if I made two dishes, we might end up liking one.  Neither recipe was extremely hard, but the pizza was a little time consuming.  Here's how they turned out.






So what's the verdict? Well, Patrick and I both enjoyed the pizza.  I don't think either of us thought it was amazing over any other pizza though, so we probably won't make it again unless we're looking for something with a Middle Eastern flare.  As for the carrots and apples, I really disliked this dish.  Patrick ate his and said it was ok, but a little strange having the carrots together with the apples.  When I asked if he wanted me to save the leftovers, he said no, so he couldn't have enjoyed them that much.  As for Littlecjc, well she declared it all disgusting and chose a "cold hot dog" instead.

I also attempted to make some baklava for dessert.  I found this easy recipe here.  It's been a long time since I've had any baklava so I'm not sure how authentic this was, but it was pretty good so I consider it a win.

We had some family over earlier in the day, so we didn't do any special activities.  We just had a nice dinner and screening of the movie, which was very enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment