Thursday, June 17, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 22

 Company (1970)


This one had some comical moments, and the soundtrack was enjoyable.  However, I'm not going to find myself singing any of these songs any time soon.  I also feel like I enjoy musicals with a solid storyline better than this, which didn't seem like a story but an idea.

Hairspray (2007)


This has never been one of my favorite musicals.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it and I've even seen this one on Broadway.  It's just not a favorite.  I enjoyed revisiting it this week though since like I said, it's not a favorite so it had been a while since I had seen it.

Fosse (2002)


It's been a few years since I've seen this, so I really enjoyed watching all the dancing.

Dirty Dancing (1987)


No summer is complete without this summer vacation movie.  It's great!  It has great dance scenes, a real storyline, and Patrick Swayze.  I mean really, how could you go wrong.

A Chorus Line (1985)


I'm surprised it's taken me so long to watch this one.  We actually used this theme song for my senior dance.  If I'm being completely honest, I was always a little bitter about it.  The senior group dance was always so pretty and emotional for the seniors.  My senior dance class however, ended up being fairly large with a wide range of ability.  So, we got this strange character piece that I'm pretty sure none of us liked.  And don't even get me started on the costumes.  I mean, obviously, it was exactly what you would expect if you'd ever seen this movie, but let's be real, none of us had or cared to at that time.  Even now, seeing that it was perfect for the dance, it's not something I would have chosen for a senior dance or costume.  Regardless of this memory, I did enjoy the movie.  I didn't extremely enjoy it, especially as a musical.  I mean, obviously, it's a musical, but not the style of musical that I love I guess.  It seemed more like a movie that just had music in it, instead of a musical.  I don't know, I guess I'm weird, but those are my thoughts on this one.

A Little Princess (1995)


I remember this one from when I was a kid.  By that, I mean, I remembered that it was a movie I liked, but I didn't really remember the movie itself.  If you've been following along, you know the random Shirley Temple movie I picked, was in fact this very movie.  I obviously knew both movies from being a kid, but I didn't remember that it was the same movie which makes me wonder, did I never realize that as a kid?  I don't know, but this was a good one too.

Emperor's New Groove (2000)



No comments:

Post a Comment