Thursday, June 3, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 20

 Musical Monday - Fame (1980)


I enjoyed watching this film again, but I realize nothing really happens in it.  Don't get me wrong, I liked all the dance and music scenes, but the movie itself is a little boring.

Tune Tuesday - Damn Yankees (1958)


I saw this musical when a local high school did this production years ago.  I'm not sure if that was when I first heard these songs or if I already knew a lot of them, but they are definitely familiar to me now.  The movie however, I really enjoyed.  Gwen Verdon is great as always and even though the plot line is a little of a stretch for me, I enjoyed the musical numbers, and let's be honest, Bob Fosse is a genius.

Wayback Wednesday - Vertigo (1958)

I'm not really sure about this one.  Overall, I think I'm going to say it's just not for me.  At first, I thought it was just a little slow and then a little intriguing.  Then there was an awesome discovery, but then it was a little strange taking things a little too far for me to get behind.  And then there's the ending.  Yes, I'm sticking with I'm just not a fan of this one.

Throwback Thursday - A League of their Own (1992)


I love this movie.  First of all, this movie has always been cool to me, because it was filmed here in my hometown.  Or at least some of it.  The little boy in the film was also a local boy that actually went to church with me.  I hadn't seen this one in a while so I really enjoyed watching it again.  It even brought some tears to my eyes.

Friday First - Blazing Saddles (1974)


I think I'm skipping this one for now.  Maybe I'll come back to it later, but I haven't gotten to it yet and I wanted to share my thoughts on the others before my posts start getting even further behind my viewings.

Seasonal Saturday - What a Girl Wants (2003)


I loved this movie when it came out.  Watching it now, I'm not really sure why.  It's cute, but it wasn't amazing.  I don't know, maybe I've just seen it too many times.  I always thought the guy that plays the love interest was so cute.  Maybe now that I'm older that's part of why this movie didn't appeal to me as much.

Disney Dinner - Big Hero 6 (2014)


Of course, we're still struggling to get back to these.


No comments:

Post a Comment