Thursday, June 10, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 21

 Musical Monday - Billy Elliot (2008)


So, I watched this one on YouTube which means it wasn't great quality.  I'm sure it was fun to watch live, but I just wasn't feeling it during this viewing.  There were times that the audience would laugh when I wasn't able to hear the line so I know there was a lot I missed.

Tune Tuesday - 42nd Street (1933)


So, I guess I had never actually watched this show before, because this wasn't quite what I expected.  I enjoyed it, but for the amazing song 42nd Street is and the amount of times I've seen people use that song in dance, I guess I expected something grander.  In honesty, I didn't think it was that heavy on the musical aspect of the show.  I did enjoy the dancing scenes, but again, I think I expected even more than we were given.  If I'm being honest, I think I liked the train scene better than the title number.

Wayback Wednesday - Seven Samurai (1954)


This movie is on hold at the library, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Throwback Thursday - The Sandlot (1993)


So, I remember this as a kid, but I was never a huge fan.  After this viewing I stand by that fact.  It is a cute movie and it has some great quotable lines, but it's just not a favorite for me.

Friday First - Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)


I have to admit that this movie really drew me in.  This wasn't one that I turned on and then was able to do something else while it just played in the background.  Instead, I was drawn in watching everything to make sure I didn't miss anything.  In fact, I was intrigued from the beginning.  For some reason though, when the ending came I had the feeling that I didn't like the movie.  Maybe it's how the movie ended, but I can't picture it ending any other way.  So maybe it's actually the age difference that I just find a little strange.  I'm not sure what exactly it was, but this one didn't sit right with me when it came down to it.

Seasonal Saturday - My Father the Hero (1994)


I remember this movie from when I was younger.   At that time, I thought this movie was so funny.  Watching it now as an adult, I found it a little stupid.  I did think it was interesting watching Katherine Heigl.  I didn't remember her in this movie, but of course this movie was before Grey's Anatomy so that makes sense.

Disney Dinner - Aladdin (1992)


So, we're still not having themed dinners, but we have at least seen this one recently.  In fact, this movie has been on LittleCJC's TV on repeat.  If you read one of my earlier update post, you may remember that her dance production is an Aladdin theme this year, so we've actually been watching this one all year long.  


No comments:

Post a Comment