Monday, April 17, 2017

Hello Monday

Weekend Update

On Friday, Patrick's parents came in town to visit for Easter.  While we ate dinner, the Easter Bunny visited our back yard to hide some eggs and left something special for Littlecjc.  She hunted the eggs for a bit, and then she noticed her basket and took off running.



This year, the Easter bunny left her a Doc McStuffins ambulance and her basket had some snacks and a small Little Mermaid lego set.


On Saturday, we started our morning at the local VFW post for another Easter egg hunt.  Here, Littlecjc was given popcorn and a drink while everyone waited for the hunt to start.


This hunt was a lot smaller than the one we went to last weekend, but there were still several kids that showed up.  Littlecjc had fun and ended up with several eggs.


After the egg hunt, everyone went back inside where pictures could then be taken with the Easter bunny.  Littlecjc wasn't interested in getting her picture taken and since I already had a picture of her with the Easter bunny last weekend, I was fine with that.  So, after visiting with my grandpa for a bit we decided to head out.  Littlecjc was also given a treat bag when we left that had additional, and larger candies inside.


Our final community egg hunt this year, was at the Knights of St. John's.  I was impressed with the amount of kids here, but it was still a pretty calm hunt.  Littlecjc probably ended up with the most eggs at this hunt, but her most favorite part was that everyone got a hotdog lunch after the egg hunt.


When Easter Sunday finally got here, we went to church and then out to my mom's for a brunch with my grandparents.  I can't believe that I didn't take one picture on Easter Sunday.  I know I took one on Patrick's phone and I think my mom might have taken a few, but I personally don't have a single photo to share.  

Hello Monday
Here's your peak at this week.  If you pay attention, you will notice something exciting next weekend!  We have a Wall-E theme this week, since I figured we'd be eating fast food while traveling.



Hello Pippin
I'm so excited to go see Pippin this evening.  My brother and sister-in-law gave Patrick and me tickets for this show at Christmas.  So, they are watching Littlecjc this evening while Patrick and I get a little date night.  I love all theater, but especially musicals.  Broadway across America is one of the best ideas ever in my opinion.  I have been fortunate enough to get to Broadway for many shows over two different trips to New York, but I've seen just as many shows both in Chicago and here in our own town thanks to these traveling companies.

Hello New Do
On Tuesday, I have a hair appointment, to chop off a lot of my hair.  This is a big deal for me, because I'm that person that only cuts my hair maybe once a year.  I usually chop it all off every few years and then just occasionally trim it up until it gets way long again and then cut it all off again.  In fact, this will be the first time for Littlecjc to go with me, and if she will sit still, she may just get a little trim herself.

Hello Binge List
So last week, I mentioned that Patrick and I started watching a new Netflix original called The Killing.  Well, we are now almost finished with the third season, and I'm sad that there are only four seasons because I am so into this show.  I do need to correct myself though.  Apparently, this show did not originate on Netflix, but after it was cancelled from AMC, Neflix picked it up for a final fourth season of only 6 episodes.  I have also finally made it to the final shorter season of Gossip Girl.  I doubt I will finish both, if either this week, but I definitely don't think I'll be starting anything new.

Hello New Reads
Last week, I did finish Beautiful Ruins, which was enjoyable but nothing too memorable for me.  I decided to start Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell.  This is a book that I heard a lot about last year, but to be honest, I'm not too impressed yet.  I guess time will tell.

Hello Pavement
A while back, I mentioned my thoughts about running the Disney marathon.  Well, last week, I made it out twice in attempts to start jogging.  My first day out, I jogged for 20mins and I was thrilled to have made it through the whole time without needing to walk.  The second day was harder, but I mostly jogged through 25 mins.  I was so excited after my first day, and I was proud after the second.  I need to get out today for 30 mins and we'll see how it goes.  I have a few more weeks of this run/walk training where my time will gradually increase, before dropping back down to 20mins of actual running.  So, I feel like I'm on track.  We'll see how it goes.

The only other thing I can think of going on this week, is that I need to start packing for our trip and making sure that we have everything ready to go.  

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment