Thursday, January 26, 2017

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

I was so excited about this evening, but it didn't go nearly as I had planned.  This is my mom's favorite Disney classic so we invited my parents over for the movie night.  If it wasn't for this, we probably would have postponed this dinner, because instead of preparing we spent the entire day at a car dealership.  Yay! We got a new van, which is very exciting, but it took way longer than anticipated making for a very chaotic evening.  We were in the driveway emptying out my old car to trade it in after already purchasing our new van when my parents showed up.  Unfortunately, since I felted rushed all evening to get everything going, I didn't get a single picture of my parents.  This is very sad, because my amazing mom actually showed up dressed as Snow White.  Littlecjc seemed a little confused at first, but she loved it.  I'm still mad that I didn't get a picture of the two of them together.  I had originally planned on getting some jewels for the evening and possibly having Littlecjc dig for them in some rice or something, but again, crazy day and I never made it to the store.  Amazing mom for the win again, as she presented Littlecjc with this little heart shaped tin full of jewels.  They had fun playing with these by decorating the tin and matching colors, while I finished getting my car all set to be traded in.


Thankfully, the planned dinner was simple and of course my mom helped me get it all going so we could get it done faster.  We had brratwurst, German fries, and sauerkraut.


For dessert, we had apple dumplings.  When we got to the part in the movie where the dwarfs ask Snow White if she can make apple dumplings everyone looked at me like it was a pure coincidence.  Come, on people, why do you think we had apple dumplings?  I mean, really.


We started eating without Patrick as he drove my car back to the dealership and brought home our new van.  So, by time we finished eating, he was back and we all went outside to check out the new van.  When we came back in, we all sat down to watch the movie.  I couldn't believe it when my dad said that he had never seen it before!  I mean I guess I'm not entirely surprised, but like I said it's my mom's favorite, so I know we watched it a lot when we were kids.  Since this whole evening started later than we intended, Littlecjc fell asleep during the movie, but before she gave in she was glued to it, especially every time the dwarfs made an appearance.

Overall, it was a great day, even if it wasn't how I planned it all to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment