Friday, January 20, 2017

Peter Pan and Big Hero 6

I'm back!  With the start of the new year, there are so many fresh starts taking place in my life.  Two of these are to bring back my Disney Dinners and to start blogging again.  Hopefully, if I stick with these two, you will learn about the others along the way.  Being as it is already January 20, it seems like I'm off to a bad start.  Well, it was after the new year that I decided to make some of these changes, including getting back to blogging, but I have been having  Disney Dinners.  I know we've had a lot going on lately, but my family hasn't been as excited to sit down and watch the movies as I've been.  Regardless, I've decided I'm still cooking a meal inspired from a different movie each week, whether we do any other activities or even watch the movie at that time.  So, it's time to get you caught up.

We started the year off with Peter Pan!

Littlecjc was asleep after a busy day, but I was determined I was bringing back these meals so I decided to start cooking my pirate ship pizzas.  She of course decided to wake up just as they were finishing, so she was not interested yet in participating in making her own sail.  I also was going for fruit swords, but she was really confused and all upset until I pulled the stick out of her food.


For us adults, we added some seaweed for a side salad.


This was the perfect dinner to get me back into these evenings.  It was fast, easy and tasty.  We may just have to repeat this meal even on a normal night.  For dessert I made these simple crocodile cookies. 


I don't remember what we watched this evening that was so much better than Peter Pan for my family, but Littlecjc and I did end up watching the movie the next morning.

The next week, I planned for a relaxed theme with Big Hero 6.


Patrick's birthday was this weekend, so I planned for this movie thinking he may want to go out for his birthday.  We did end up going out, but not to either of the restaurants I had in mind. This still worked out, as I just fixed some chicken wings for an easy dinner.  This still fit the theme as it was a "special night" and we needed to "celebrate with wings."  


I had also planned on making some dessert sushi from rice krispie treats topped with Sweedish Fish wrapped up with a Fruit Roll-up, but I didn't end up making these after my mother showed up with these awesome looking cupcakes for Patrick's birthday. 


 No one needs that much dessert.  Again, we were busy this weekend as we decided to finally lay our new floor down in our kitchen.  So instead of taking the time to watch the movie, Littlecjc and I watched the movie a few mornings later.  So, for our breakfast that morning, I did make a dessert sushi roll by topping a banana with some nutella and sprinkles but I forgot to get a picture of that, so you'll have to use your imagination.

This week, we're taking on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, so be sure to come back to see what we do.  My new plan is to post these Disney Dinners on Thursdays, so wish me luck on sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment