Monday, January 30, 2017

Hello Monday

We didn't have much planned going into this past weekend, but we ended up having a lot of fun.  A friend had tickets to the local Southern Professional Hockey League team, the Thunderbolts game for Saturday night.  Littlecjc was adorable during the first period.  She was all into the game watching the players skate and fall, she thought it was hilarious.



 The second period she was a little less interested, but was still entertained by dipping dots and popcorn.  By the third period, all she wanted to do was dance in the main concourse.


 Needless to say, we didn't actually see the end of the game, but we still had a great time.  On Sunday, after church, Patrick's sister, husband, and their dog came over for a nice visit.

Hello Monday
It's a new week, so that means I've got a new weekly spread.  Here's a peak before the ink.  As you can see, we'll be watching The Aristocats this weekend.



Hello Beta Cycle
The week between Christmas and New Years, I made the decision to start Beachbody's T25 program.  This isn't the first time I've started this program, but it had been a while since I was working out on a regular basis.  So, with the start of this week, I am also starting the beta cycle, or second month of this program and all new workouts.

Hello Menu
So, how did we do last week? Not bad, but also not great.  We ended up being out and about on Monday and Friday so we ended up grabbing quick dinners at Subway and Wendy's.  My new recipe last week was the garlic chicken margherita.

 It was good but nothing amazing, so who knows if we will ever make it again.

Now, here's what's on the menu board this week.
Monday - Leftovers from last night's Disney Dinner (you'll have to check back on Thursday to see what it is)
Tuesday - Squash Lo Mein (this week's new recipe)
Wednesday - Salad with Chicken
Thursday - Chili
Friday - Tomato Basil Chicken

Hello Disney
We've been working on planning our next trip, and here's the real reason this post is late today.  We spent the day doing research and talking ourselves into becoming annual passholders.  I tried to sell Patrick on it last year and he laughed at me.  He's since regretted that decision since as you know, we ended up going 3 times last year and our next trip would have been included as well.  As of now, we only have one trip planned, but we're making the commitment to go again as we decided to take the plunge and become annual passholders!

Hello New Reads
What am I reading this week? Well, I still have about 100 pages left of Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, but I hope to finish it tomorrow, and then I might just have to jump right into the second of the series, Dragonfly in Amber.  Don't let the fact that I haven't finished this book yet lead you to believe that I'm not enjoying it.  On the contrary, I am loving this book and I'm so intrigued to see how it ends knowing that there is an entire series ahead.  I did get to start listening to Forever by Maggie Stiefvater last week, but I didn't get far so that's my listening plans again this week.

Hello New Shows
As I finish reading Outlander, I'm hoping to get my hands on season one of the show so I can start watching as well.

Hello Superbowl
This weekend is the superbowl.  Being that we're a big sports family, we always enjoy the entire evening.  I will admit that we are a little bitter this year since we're Cowboys fans, but I'm sure we will still have fun, eat great food, and enjoy the game, halftime, and of course the commercials.

Well, that's it for this Monday.  You'll have to come back next week to see how it all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment