Saturday, August 21, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 24

 Musical Monday - Matilda (2010)


I have mixed feelings about this one.  I thought the movie was great as a kid, but not so much as an adult.  However, I think this show would have impressed me a lot more if I saw it in person on Broadway.  I'm sure the children originally hired would have blown me away.  And let's be honest, who can't help but to rock out to Revolting Children.

Tune Tuesday - Mmama Mia (2008)


This was fun to revisit.  This is a fun show to turn on almost as background music.  It's all upbeat and fun to sing along and it doesn't take a lot of concentration to enjoy.

Wayback Wednesday - Once Upon a Time in the West (1969)


I never did get to this one.

Throwback Thursday - Heavyweights (1995)


I kind of cheated on this one.  I didn't really watch it this week, but Patrick and LittleCJC watched it recently and I saw parts of it.  This is one of those movies that leave you thinking you definitely were a kid when you last watched this movie.  It wasn't a great film, but I guess it could have been worse.

Friday First - State Fair (1945)


This was just a sweet musical.  If I'm being honest, no one song really sticks out and nothing in this one will probably stick with me, but it was sweet and enjoyable.

Seasonal Saturday - Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)


So, if you haven't figured it out, I've really been struggling with this project lately.  I did actually get this one from the library and attempted to watch it at least two different times.  I made it about half way through before eventually returning it to the library.  It's not that it was bad, it just wasn't intriguing enough that I needed to continue to try.

Disney Dinner - Finding Nemo (2003)


Yep, these still haven't returned.


No comments:

Post a Comment