Thursday, July 1, 2021

Musical/Movie Project Week 23

 Musical Monday - Once on this Island (1990)


So, I had heard a lot about this one and I think I expected too much.  It was fine, but I really didn't get excited by any of it.  The story was a little strange and the music didn't impress me.  If I'm being honest, I've never cared a lot for shows performed on a circle stage.

Tune Tuesday - South Pacific (1958)


I'm pretty sure I've seen this one by a local high school production, and I thought I enjoyed it.  Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed with the movie.  If I'm being honest the most memorable song for me is "I'm Gonna Wash that Man Right Out of my Hair" and while revisiting this show I've come to the conclusion that even that one isn't that great.

Wayback Wednesday - Once Upon a Time in the West (1969)


I didn't get to this one this week, but looking ahead I don't have anything on the schedule for next week.  I think maybe I caught a mistake where I had a movie on the list twice and I just erased the multiple but never filled the spot.  So, I think I'll try this one again next week.

Throwback Thursday - Free Willy (1993)


As a kid, I thought this movie was really good.  However, I have to admit this is one that I haven't really watched since I was a kid.  I guess that should have been my first clue that it wasn't an amazing movie.  I will say though, it was enjoyable enough to watch again.

Friday First - Pirates of Penzance (1983)


This musical came onto my radar in college when some of my fellow students talked about it on more than one occasion.  Well, I must say I started this movie twice and I tried getting all the way through it, but after needing to stop watching the second time I just didn't have any motivation to finish it.  I don't know if I'm just in a movie slump right now or if it's because my kids are home all day long driving me crazy every day, but I wasn't enjoying this movie either.

Seasonal Saturday - Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)


I liked this movie from the moment it was released.  I do think the series got a little crazier with each film, but I still stand by this one.  On this viewing, I was watching with LittleCJC and it was fun sharing this film with her.  Unfortunately, she did loose interest before the end of the movie.

Disney Diner - Moana (2016)



No comments:

Post a Comment