Thursday, September 10, 2020

I'm Back!

Hello everyone! I can't believe how long it has been since I've published a post.  So much has changed and happened since that last post almost 3 years ago.  I know I was never a consistent writer, but wow, three years seems unbelievable.  It would appear that I stopped writing as soon as I found out I was pregnant.  Surprise! Our family has grown.  In September 2018, we welcomed LittleCGC into our lives.


We survived the baby days and she's now about to turn 2!


As for LittleCJC, she started Kindergarten and survived through the virtual learning of 2020.  She is now back in school in the first grade.


I am so thankful that our state and local school corporation have decided to let the kids go back to school.  We had some great moments during our quarantine time together, but by the end of the school year, the charm had worn off and we were struggling.  Hopefully, I'll get a post written about that time, because I do want to remember all the fun we had.

On that note, life seems to be getting back to our new normal, at least in this area.  LittleCJC recently was finally able to have her dance recital (although still completely different than normal) and even one competition.  She was in five numbers this year and one week out from her first competition of the season when everything shut down.  Thankfully, her studio shifted to online classes during the pandemic so that they were ready for these opportunities when the time arrived.  Here she is at this season's only competition.


 Another new normal that just began over Labor Day weekend, we finally went back to church.


Our church was great during the pandemic, streaming services and providing online resources for the kids.  Limited in-person services have been going on for a while now, but we chose to stay online until this past weekend when a limited kids' ministry began again.  It was so good to be back!

With the kids activities starting again, and school back in session, I wanted to get back to my old normal too.  Back in July, Patrick and I subscribed to Beachbody on Demand and we started working out again.  That's been going great, but I'm still working on the healthy food options. I guess that's always a work in progress.

Who knows how long this writing kick will last, but I figured it was at least time for an update at the very least.  I do have some old trip reviews that I never published so I hope to share those maybe as a flashback Friday series to get caught up in that area.  Interestingly, as I was working on this post, LittleCJC was interested and looking at my blog and she loved the Disney dinner idea.  She was so sad that she didn't remember any of those and has asked if we can do that again.  We'll see if that interest remains, but maybe those will make a return as well.

I guess we will all just see where this blog goes this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment