Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Hello Tuesday

Update
I know I missed last week's post, so instead of a weekend update you get the whole week.  Here in Indiana, we got about 5 inches of snow last week and with the cold temps it lasted all week.  It doesn't seem like much snow, but I guess since we had all the freezing rain first the kids were actually out of school all week.  Most main roads were cleared after a day or two, but the neighborhood streets were pretty bad for a while.  You would think that with all the time stuck in our house I would have gotten a lot done, but in reality, I don't really know where all our time went last week.  It did finally warm up a little on Sunday and we celebrated with a little walk around the zoo.

Hello Tuesday
This week seems to be a little more back to normal, with the exception of a visit to the dentist yesterday.  Littlecjc and I both had healthy appointments yesterday.  This obviously wasn't Littlecjc's first visit, but it was the first time I was able to sit back and admire my big girl.  Previously, she's laid back on me in the chair, but this time she sat there all by herself.  She looked so cute in the big chair and I was so proud when she did everything they asked without a peep.  They even gave her sunglasses so that the bright light wouldn't hurt her eyes which made her even more adorable.

Hello Menu
Last week, we tried two new recipes.  I made a honey garlic chicken and broccoli which will probably be a new go to since it was really easy and super yummy.  Patrick wanted to try a temp-ah chili that he saw on tv.  I'll say it was ok.  Honestly, I didn't really eat all that much since it was a little hot for my taste.  As for the previous week, I still haven't gotten to those cabbage rolls I wanted to try, so you'll notice them on the menu again this week.  So what else are we eating this week:

M: mini meatloafs, mashed potato
T: tilapia, sweet potato, brussels sprouts
W: tomato spinach chicken spaghetti *new recipe
T: cabbage rolls *new recipe
F: hawaiian chicken, rice
S: dublin coddle
S: stuffed peppers

Hello New Book
So, after my last post, I changed my book of the week.  The topic for week 2 was one of the first 10 books added to my to be read list, and I had planned on reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.  I was on a waitlist for the audiobook from my library and it became available shortly after my last post so I quickly changed books.  This book had an interesting concept, and I ultimately gave it a 4 star rating, but at times I got really annoyed with the main character.  I mean, I know she was suppose to be very naive, but I also found her a little selfish and at times it seemed like she was way too naive when it was convenient for the storyline.

I think it was the next day or so, another book that I have been on hold for since last year, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.  Since I didn't get this book last year, I had added it to this years plan under the week 10 topic, an author's debut book.  If I was actually reading this book instead of listening, I'm not sure I would have made it.  It took me a really long time to get into it, at least 3 hours.  However, I ended up really enjoying this once I felt like the story finally started and again gave a 4 star rating.

So, what's this week's book?  Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt.  The topic for week four is actually one of four, where we're reading four books linked by the four elements, with this week's specification is earth.  I really struggled with this one, but some other members of my group chose this book based on the garden - earth connection so I decided I'd try it too.  So far, I'm still a little confused as it's not what I expected the book to be like.  I guess we'll see where it goes.

New Binges
Last week, we finished The Magicians and I finally devoured This is Us.  I loved this show, as I knew that I would.  So this week, Patrick and I decided to finally watch season 6 of Once Upon a Time.  We really enjoyed this show when we first started watching it, but I kind of feel like it's run it's course.  I still enjoy watching it, but it's a lot easier to stop and once we have, I don't feel the need to continue watching like I used to.


Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment