Monday, October 16, 2017

Hello Monday

Weekend Update
This weekend was actually a very lazy one for us.  Patrick ended up working on Saturday and Littlecjc and I were pretty lazy.  I think we all just needed a break.  On Sunday, I was able to get in a lot of reading, out of a physical book, which was amazing.

Hello Monday
Here's your peek at my week:


It's an Up kind of week, because "adventure is out there."

Hello Gatlinburg
Our adventure this week is our trip to Gatlinburg.  We're taking a little extended weekend trip with Patrick's family.  Back at the beginning of September, we surprised Patrick's dad with the trip and we're all excited.  We have a cabin rented and plans to go to the Comedy Barn.  The rest of our weekend is open, so if you have any suggestions of what we should do, let me know.

Hello Fall
It officially feels like fall outside and I surprisingly couldn't be more happy about it.  Within the past week, I've started having the pumpkin drinks, (I know, I'm late to that party) pumpkin donuts, and yesterday we even picked up pumpkin Oreos.  (Those may just become my breakfast here in a minute.  I'll let you know if they're amazing.)  For the first time in three years though, I don't think we will make it to any of the local orchards/farm markets that offer fall activities.  With the drop in the weather though, hopefully the trees will look awesome this weekend from our mountainside cabin's porch.

Hello Books
So what book did I get to read this weekend?  The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.  This is the fifth book in her Outlander series, so it's huge and I have a long way to go still.  I've also made my way through two audiobooks last week: Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.  If you remember, I preplanned most of my reading list this year, and I'm running low on the books offered by my library in audiobook format.  I think I'm either not going to complete my list again this year, or else I'm going to need to change up my list.  I guess we will see.

I think that is all for this week.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment