Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hello Again

It's been two months since my last post.  How does that happen? It appears that I stopped writing about 2 weeks before our last Disney trip, and it's taken me an entire month to attempt to get back to you all.  Sorry for that.  I'll of course update you on that Disney trip as soon as I can, but for now let's update you on everything else.

Homeschool Update
A few of my last posts were dedicated to my preparation of beginning homeschooling preschool with Littlecjc.  I spent so much time and effort in my preparation and both Littlecjc and I were excited to begin.  However, once Littlecjc learned she was only going to the basement for school instead of anywhere else, she was less excited.  She humored me and participated in my planned activities, but she didn't really seem to care all that much and she never asked to do it again.  I'm not sure if she wasn't quite ready or if I just gave up too easily, but we only ever completed one day.

August Update
In August, Littlecjc started back in her Kindermusik classes.  She also experienced her first solar eclipse.  It seems a little funny talking about it now, because there was so much hype leading up to that August 21 event (that's right, I even remember the date) our day of darkness, as our local news station reported on it for  months on end.  Although we were only around an hour away from the totality path, we decided to watch from home and viewed it at with our 98.something percent of coverage.  It was fun and I'm sure I'll watch the next one in 7 years (when we're in the direct path of totality) but in all honesty, I had already forgotten about it until I started looking back at everything I missed here.



September Update
As you know, we started the month at Disney World and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to be even more specific, but more on that later.  I will say that we of course had an amazing time.  I know it usually takes me a little while to get back in a normal habit after a trip, but looking back at September, it's no wonder it took so much longer than usual this time.  Our September was busy.  Littlecjc and both her papaws celebrate birthdays this month.  So, after only 3 days home from Disney, we got back on the road for a weekend at Bedford.  The next weekend, I helped my mom host a baby shower for my brother and sister-in-law.  If you've visited my party page, you know we tend to go all out.  Hopefully I'll get around to writing a post devoted to that shower, but here's a little something to hold you over.



It was an adventure theme, and it was beautiful.  Amazingly, the family was able to get together again the next weekend to help us celebrate Littlecjc's 4th birthday.  We had a Moana themed lunch gathering.  With all the craziness of this month, we didn't go all out and we only invited family this year.  I did of course though, serve somewhat themed food and I made a Moana cake.  We had a lot of fun, and as usual, our family spoiled our little girl.


In order to get everything in this month, the boys all left Littlecjc's party and headed over to my brothers for dinner and a diaper party with more of his buddies.

On Littlecjc's actual birthday, we went out to lunch to her choice restruarant, McDonald's, and visited a local mini golf course.



 I guess we really saw a lot of my family this month, because we were all together again the next weekend for dinner at the boat club to celebrate my dad's birthday.  Patrick and I were also able to sneak in a date night this last week of September, when Thomas Rhett came to town and we went to his concert with Kara and Eric (Patrick's sister and brother-in-law.)


Somewhere in the midst of this month, Littlecjc also started back in classes at the dance studio.  During the first week of classes, we learned that they were going to have a tots competition team this year.  When they asked if she wanted to join, we went back and forth for a little bit, but ultimately we decided to join the team.  So far, we are thrilled with this decision, as we love the new teacher and the structure of her class.  They've also already started working on their dance, and it's so cute.


October Update
Although we are only 11 days into October, so much has already happened.  We have an amazing local organization (which Patrick teases is a fraternity for grown men) known as the West Side Nut Club.  This organization donates so much money to local groups and our schools in particular, year after year.  They also host different events each year like an Easter egg hunt and the opportunity to meet Santa at their Santa Land.  What everyone really gets excited for, though is their Fall Festival.  This event is huge and it's a great money maker for many local organizations as well as the Nut Club.  They line the street with 136 food booths, where every one of them are local non-profit or not-for-profit organizations.  That's 4 blocks and a large parking lot full of food options.  One block is also filled with carnival rides and games while another large parking lot is filled with just kiddie rides and games.  Every day different entertainment is provided between two stages, including a king and queen contest, a lighthouse parade, the nightly amateur hour contest, a pet parade and main parade. With the event being so large, organizations also make money by taking over nearby parking lots so that you can even support your cause by paying to park.  Since we live about 2 miles from this festival, we usually attend almost every day and I refuse to cook this week.  My family loves the amateur hour and we meet nightly to watch.  Littlecjc rode a lot of the rides, but her favorite this year was the froggie jump one that bounces up and down.


Although this event is huge, it's not the biggest or best thing that has happened so far this month.  That award goes to the birth of this little guy.


My brother and his wife had their baby boy on October 6th.  I am so in love with this little guy already and I couldn't be happier for this family.  Their journey of parenthood has been a long one (you can read about it on her blog Saraleeblog.com) and it makes this birth announcement that much sweeter.

The same weekend this guy decided to join us, Littlecjc got to spend the weekend with Grandma while Patrick and I traveled to Chicago for his cousin's wedding.  I can by far say that this first weekend of October was the best one of the entire year.




Hello Reality
With everything going on I'm trying really hard to get back into better habits this month.  This includes eating healthier and cooking dinner.  Patrick and I started working out again this week. (Although, I have to admit that I already missed my second day after falling down some concrete stairs Monday night after working out.  I feel better already today though, so I'm going to at least attempt some type of workout still today.)  I'm writing again in my bullet journal.  (That's right, it wasn't just this blog that got dropped last month.)  Here's this month's mood tracker and this week's spread.




So, here's hoping I can continue to cross off those little to-do dots and get back to you real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment